Bad Batch Of Eley Subs?

hi fellow .22lr shooters,

I'm having some bother with my .22 rounds at the minute.

has anyone had any problems with their .22lr Eley sub hollow points.

The last 2-3 boxes which I have used have been flying all over the place at 50 yard zeroing sessions.

it is very windy up here at the minute and the rounds have been stored at around freezing for a couple of months before use.

anyone had any bad batches?

ive tried some eley's last week mate,and to be honest i would'nt wast my money on them again!!!! with rws subs i can group sub 1/2 at 60 yards ,with the eleys i was lucky to group 2" and even a proper flyer going 4" out!!!!!!!!!! i just think there like most british made things now !!!SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!

While some rifles prefer different ammo to others, ammo loyalty is harder to budge than getting an Arsenal fan to go support Spurs.

I have used Eley subs for ten years and never considered anything else as they have proved perfect for me. Six years ago I met someone with exactly the same view of Winchesters and we tried 20 of each others ammo on paper. At 65 yards the grouping of each rifle moved by 3-4 inches, but the actual groups were the same size as before. Logically we both know we could change ammo without a problem, but neither of us did.

Check your mod Dan, take it off and have a look at the end to see if there is a lead mark, its poss that the bullet could be making a glancing contact, that will really mess with your groups.

yes mod fitted.

Yes as rich said, remove it and try again, my father had 2 identical parkerhale mods for his .22rf, the one would work amazingly and group but the other one used to send fliers and groups just want possible, so the bullet was obviously making contact somewhere along the lines and putting the bullet off course Remove it and see if there is any difference, hopefully should be back to normal.

Might not be the rounds,have you got a moderator fitted?

Check your mod Dan, take it off and have a look at the end to see if there is a lead mark, its poss that the bullet could be making a glancing contact, that will really mess with your groups.

I had the same problem and worked out the MOD was being clipped. Remove the mod and check ur group..

took the mod off today and tried it.

just the same.

it is fairly windy up here every day i have been testing it. maybe the wind? maybe the rounds?

the only other two things i can think of are human error (each time i have tried) or that i am shooting on the edge of a woodland and where the feild meets the woodland the bits of bramble may be catching.

all that said there have been a number of long threads on other foums on about the consistency and quality of hmr rounds.

I had the same problem when I switched from Winchester to Eley, noticed the Eley's were clipping the Parker Hale sound mod but the Winchesters didn't. I striped it, cleaned it and realigned the baffles but still the same, so I swapped back to Winchester and all's well.