Hard Digging County

theres alot of very deep big old spots in certain parts of Wales-ranging from shale,rock,ash(imo 1 of the worst along with running sand),granite the full spectrum-you need dogs that can stay the distance no matter the outcome-or you will have alot of wasted time.imo.atb

• Like 4

place i hunt over here was tough for me 6ft and 5 hrs to dig it with a garden spade of all things was like concrete with huge stones in it mid july, my lakey stayed no probs but everytime ya hit the ground with the spade it sent fkn shocks up the arms im alys jubious when were checking that hole lol blisters for near 2 wks afterwards. ps not the deepest hole i know but it was a tough 5 hrs graft

Edited by BIG G wheton machine
  • Like 3

theres alot of very deep big old spots in certain parts of Wales-ranging from shale,rock,ash(imo 1 of the worst along with running sand),granite the full spectrum-you need dogs that can stay the distance no matter the outcome-or you will have alot of wasted time.imo.atb

Your not wrong there it does not matter what you are digging as long as you have the dogs 2 do the job and they are harder to come by than digging them out it does not matter how hard the dig is if your terrier has the balls 2 go to ground and stay for you you should have the balls to dig him or her out no matter what your digging :yes::thumbs:

• Like 4

in limerick in southern ireland they have huge double banks put up 80 odd years ago.. the digging is not to bad but bashing in to get to the hounds and to block th holes can take time.. 50 year old white and blackthorn as thick as your arm can get the sweat up and the form can be tested..do that three or four times a day 5 or 6 mornings a week and your gear gets torn to shreds... top class hunting mind...

• Like 3