Pro Sport Or Hw97K

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a left hander, this Pro sport talk is a bit like finding yourself at a lesbian orgy. Great to look, but no real chance of having a proper go.

My 97 was £370 out of the box, and the syn & nickel version too!   Me thinks I will have to get a prosport to, then I will have all three!   Mu hu hu! Mu hu hu!! Mu hu hu !!!

A man after my own heart here. Each to his own but synthetics and cammo are not my personal taste. Give me fine grained woods and slim, traditional sporting stocks like Bavarian and Tyrolean every tim

well i OWN a 97 and ave to say all round the gun us a special tool, heavy but very special in my opinion.
i ave ONLY heard good thing about the PRO SPORT but given the choice of A.A i'd go for the TX200HC
i LOVE the look of the PRO SPORT over the 97k if im onest BUT aint really ad the chance to try one out.

ONLY advice i can give you is that u either choose the LOOKS (AAPS) over the 97k knowin that i've neva

putta pellet thru the barrel or go for the 97k thats heavy but a seriously classy bitta work, good luck mate!!

Tx200.

HW97 overpriced new, the kt is more expensive than a walnut prosport I believe. New Prosports have some wear and tear issues I'm told.

Mike have you tried researching the prices before posting this buddy?

If you did you will find that in Blackpool Air Rifles the AA TX200 rifles and Pro Sports beech and walnut are more expensive than a HW97KT.

I'm not sure why you think that they are over priced.

If you look at 90% the winners of spring rifle HFT this year they either use TUNED AA TX's or HW97K's so either way they are tuned mate, and from my personal opinion the HW97s seem to be alot more popular.

• Like 1

Tx200.

HW97 overpriced new, the kt is more expensive than a walnut prosport I believe. New Prosports have some wear and tear issues I'm told.

Mike have you tried researching the prices before posting this buddy?

If you did you will find that in Blackpool Air Rifles the AA TX200 rifles and Pro Sports beech and walnut are more expensive than a HW97KT.

I'm not sure why you think that they are over priced.

If you look at 90% the winners of spring rifle HFT this year they either use TUNED AA TX's or HW97K's so either way they are tuned mate, and from my personal opinion the HW97s seem to be alot more popular.

Yes, but evidently not in the right place, £500 for a kt was the last I saw.

Prosport walnut circa £489

Tx200 circa £349

What are BAR'S prices? Sounds like they do some good deals.

If recent HFT results are a factor in your choice then at the BRC last week the top 10 shooters boasted a 50/50 spread over HW & AA. HW77 (well the shooter) taking top honours. Pedigrees such as they have any of the above are winners.

What a BEAST that HW77 is! Finally got my hands on one tonight...beautiful.

• Like 2

The one thing I dont like about the 97k is the gun cannot be decocked .you can decock the tx200 i know ,the pro sport i dont know but I would think you could ,a small point . I also dont like the ratchet sound when cocking a tx that can be overcome by holding the ratchet open when cocking the gun.

Hi Barry the HW97KT can be decocked if the bear trap plate is removed which takes 5 minutes to do.

Tony Wall as done mine and Davys new tuned Hw97kt.

Makes life easier for the shooter.