Me, The Gun, Scope Or Pellets?

ive been using my dads old air rifle at the moment and ime not having a great time at all. Its a gas ram theoben sirocco 177 nearly 30 years old and when ive been zeroing it the pellet placement is ridiculous. i only zero from about 20 yards and at that distance it should be spot on. However it isnt. Ive seen people on here with groupings that can be covered by a 1p coin at over 30 yards but mine cant be coverd by a bloody tuna tin. now i zero of a pillow case full of sand so its very stable and when i decide whether i need to adust the scope i will do accordingly. usually the 1st shot at a target after it has been zeroed is spot on, but after that theyre going an inch to the left, right, up, down etc. no matter what i try i just cant get a consistent grouping. ive tried holding the gun in differnt ways- doesnt work. lower and higher magnification on the scope- doesnt work. the pellets that ime using are the 177 bulldogs by lanes(not the ones i would of gone for but the shop had just these) and ive used others and its the same thing. so ide just like to know if anyone can shed any light why my pellet groupings are so bad. thanks.

From what you've said (as above) get some decent pellets for starters.

Resting on a sandbag's not the best way with any type of springer, it's too hard and it will make the rifle bounce around upon firing. As has been said, at least rest the rifle gently in your hand without gripping it and rest it gently in your shoulder. Siroccos are pretty hold sensative at the best of times so it's vital that the gun can recoil in it's own way consistantly with every shot.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

As already stated you must buy some decent pellets,go for Air Arms Diablo as i have found them to be spot on in 99% of rifles.As an example i bought some rws hobbies as they were cheap,i hadnt tried them and they looked a very well made clean pellet.My HW100 was zeroed at 30 yards and was almost pellet on pellet,i changed to the hobbies fired off 14 shots and they were all 5 inches below bull.Changed back to Diablos and it was spot on.The Theoben Sirocco was/is a good rifle and when you start seeing results youll be pleased im sure!.

As all have said above, use the palm of your hand to rest the gun on, on top of the sandbag and get some decent pellets. RWS Superdomes work brilliantly in my HW 77 and are a bargain.... Oh, and don't forget to clean the barrel before using the new pellets!

Used Lanes Bulldogs once (come on we all have to learn :duh: )

Half the time the heads left the skirts somewhere in the barrel, okay for can bashing in a Gat I suppose at 5 feet.

Other than the pellets I'm with Andy :thumbs:

Tony

• Like 1

ime looking at some air arms diablo pellets and theres two different sizes 4.51mm and 4.52mm so is there any difference apart from size between them?

In some rifles yes and some no, depends on your barrel pal, buy both and see, if not and you just want to try some I've odered a tin of both and they come tomorrow, pm me your address i will post you some of each

Atb

Chris

• Like 2

ime looking at some air arms diablo pellets and theres two different sizes 4.51mm and 4.52mm so is there any difference apart from size between them?

In some rifles yes and some no, depends on your barrel pal, buy both and see, if not and you just want to try some I've odered a tin of both and they come tomorrow, pm me your address i will post you some of each

Atb

Chris

cheers for the kind offer mate but but ime going to buy both like you said and try them :thumbs: