• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion,...Lurchers open up for various reasons... It is easy, to categorise the causes, and keep on quoting the obvious,...but, speaking personally,..over the years,.I have run dogs at a very

yapping behind quarry is born out of frustration or exitement imo...to say a dog is no good just because it yaps is a bit silly..one mans meat is another mans poison imo..i'd sooner have a yapper that

PENNYWISE.....   You would give a yapper 'the lead injection'......   but happily keep a dog that...   -Wont listen in the field. -hunts up all the time And -pulls the pudding off the quarry.

Posted Images

Its not good that a dog lets a yap ,yelp,bark, or any other noise ,only time it should make any noise is when its marking up no dog should start yapin on field its wrong and just makes quarry feel uncomfortable and neverse. And if youve got permission and use the same dog every time you go out on same land the quarry will get that neverse they wont come far out into field and stay close to the warren. And i know what ya guna come up with what if we are ferreting and not lamping well just keep it as a day time dog. But i like mine to do both thats just me.

Serious question Pennywise - are you f***ing mental? :yes::yes::yes:

your mate whin had a collie x called lana that was a yapper he bred from it everybody got different standards some can put up with it some cant

FFS it`s like a sport ! but whatever

The Lana I know was never a yapper. And I knew it all its life, so maybe yer thinking of another dog no ?

I reckon I could put up with the odd yip, if the results made up for it, but feck me, it can be annoying when it just seems like the dogs not up to the task and is frustrated,,

PENNYWISE.....

You would give a yapper 'the lead injection'......

but happily keep a dog that...

-Wont listen in the field.

-hunts up all the time

And

-pulls the pudding off the quarry.

Not only that, but you are wanting to breed off her.....

Seems her main fault is that she is WHITE :yes:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/283962-any-body-out-there-with-a-top-class-stud-dog-willing-to-put-it-over-my-bitch/

Ive got a whippet here lets out a YIP....

BUT....

-listens to me out in the field

-doesnt hunt up

And

-doesnt pull the pudding off quarry.....

Most importantly, shes BLUE.....

Only 'injection' she will be getting.....

Is a meat injection, when i want to pump her.....shes that good :yes:

:laugh:

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket
  • Like 8

Its not good that a dog lets a yap ,yelp,bark, or any other noise ,only time it should make any noise is when its marking up no dog should start yapin on field its wrong and just makes quarry feel uncomfortable and neverse. And if youve got permission and use the same dog every time you go out on same land the quarry will get that neverse they wont come far out into field and stay close to the warren. And i know what ya guna come up with what if we are ferreting and not lamping well just keep it as a day time dog. But i like mine to do both thats just me.

Serious question Pennywise - are you f*****g mental? :yes::yes::yes:

No am custy pal but you lot are f****d make me smile wi your yapers. Giving it all this shit it yeah but my dog only yaps once funny as f**k. l wouldnt even have kennel space or feed the c**ts. Yap in kennels a no go too and if they do they get a bucket of cold water over the c**ts soon stops um.

PENNYWISE.....

-hunts up all the time

And

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/283962-any-body-out-there-with-a-top-class-stud-dog-willing-to-put-it-over-my-bitch/

BUT....

-doesnt hunt up

And

U WANT TO PUMP HER :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

JESUS!!!!!

PENNYWISE.....

-hunts up all the time

And

BUT....

-doesnt hunt up

And

pennynotsowise what a fud lol

oh sugar this tread opens my eyes a bit....

my dog (7months) yaps at another dog in the car or on the lead for 5 mins or so with the prospect of a chase and play, as soon as he's outside and playing he's fine, growling when in playing mode with another pup.

Do u wreckon my dog cud be at risk of yap syndrome? he has chased before but never made a sound ???

i guess time will tell as by next season he will under the conditioning process and ready for some serious work, but will he YAP!!??

PENNYWISE.....

-hunts up all the time

And

Seems her main fault is that she is WHITE :yes:http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/283962-any-body-out-there-with-a-top-class-stud-dog-willing-to-put-it-over-my-bitch/

Ive got a whippet here lets out a YIP....i

BUT....

-doesnt hunt up

And

You dirty mucky tramp you need help shagging your own dog f**k me mate you need to take that off pumping her with a meat injection when i want to pump her up. What when your gurt knocks ya back. Giving it am just off down to shed love sort mi nets out when really ya mucky c**t ya doing that dirt bag get f****d muppet. Your dog hasnt got the staying power as this bitch of mine as bum twat. Put ya money where your mouth is an if you've got a dog that the staying power and wind like this dog. Then will meet up next season div and have a match dirty f***ing tramp.

oh sugar this tread opens my eyes a bit....

my dog (7months) yaps at another dog in the car or on the lead for 5 mins or so with the prospect of a chase and play, as soon as he's outside and playing he's fine, growling when in playing mode with another pup.

Do u wreckon my dog cud be at risk of yap syndrome? he has chased before but never made a sound ???

i guess time will tell as by next season he will under the conditioning process and ready for some serious work, but will he YAP!!??

Don't think so Tom - as long as you don't give it too much to do too soon...mines bark at each other when they're playing/free running...got an alaunt x bull/grey who loves to let loose with a big booming bark when he's playing but he ain't never made a sound when in pursuit... :thumbs:

PENNYWISE.....

-hunts up all the time

And

Seems her main fault is that she is WHITE :yes:http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/283962-any-body-out-there-with-a-top-class-stud-dog-willing-to-put-it-over-my-bitch/

BUT....

-doesnt hunt up

And

You dirty mucky tramp you need help shagging your own dog f**k me mate you need to take that off pumping her with a meat injection when i want to pump her up. What when your gurt knocks ya back. Giving it am just off down to shed love sort mi nets out when really ya mucky c**t ya doing that dirt bag get f****d muppet. Your dog hasnt got the staying power as this bitch of mine as bum twat. Put ya money where your mouth is an if you've got a dog that the staying power and wind like this dog. Then will meet up next season div and have a match dirty f*****g tramp.

thats cheered me up anyway. :thumbs:

First lurcher I bought - more than 35 years ago - was supposed to be a beddy x whippet - collie x grey bitch 12 months old advertised in our local Fine Fare supermarket - paid £20 for it from the local cammo clad Fred Rolfe wannabe ("f*****g great bitch this son - one of the best I've had" - ha ha how gullible was I?)

I spent a week finding the parts and cobbling together an old motorbike battery and a headlamp and 'borrowing' a charger and armed with good advice from Plummer's Complete Lurcher (weren't we all) set out to murder the entire Border's bunny population.

Never been more excited in my life - good night for it - first field, quick shine, must have been 20 rabbits sitting well out from the hedgerow - wee bitch switched on slipped and thundering towards one of the unsuspecting conies... which clicking what's what makes for the hedge, bitch puts in a few turns, my heart thumping and adrenaline pumping through my body...AND THEN IT ALL TURNED TO SHIT... YAP, YAP YAPPITY f*****g YAP...aye right "one of the best bitches I've ever had" lying c**t...jesus this bitch sang like a canary...

She came straight back to me - bit of a bonus - but by this point every other rabbit had hightailed it home - not good.

Hunted about with the wee thing - quite liked her actually - for 6 months or so, caught a few rabbits and had a we bit fun with her it became clear pretty quickly that a yapping dog wasn't going to figure in my plans...got a cracking pet home for her and used to see her now and again out on exercise. She lived 'til she was about 16...

Does anyone on here put up with a dog that opens up - yaps when under pressure - I know a couple of lads who run dogs which open up...wouldn't suit me at all and luckily my yapping experience came early in life...

Or would you rehome a yapper and go back to the drawing board...???? :thumbs:

nice write up mate and you did the best thing and got rid its a pity you were not told the truth when buying the dog but you have some fine animals now that you should and will be proud off thare always in tiptop conditon and are ding a perfect job for you and you have had some great sport this year atb bud9

PENNYWISE.....

-hunts up all the time

And

BUT....

-doesnt hunt up

And

Is a meat injection, when i want to pump her.....shes that good :yes::laugh:

You dirty mucky tramp you need help shagging your own dog f**k me mate you need to take that off pumping her with a meat injection when i want to pump her up. What when your gurt knocks ya back. Giving it am just off down to shed love sort mi nets out when really ya mucky c**t ya doing that dirt bag get f****d muppet. Your dog hasnt got the staying power as this bitch of mine as bum twat. Put ya money where your mouth is an if you've got a dog that the staying power and wind like this dog. Then will meet up next season div and have a match dirty f*****g tramp.

thats cheered me up anyway. :thumbs:

f**k me shes that good dirty c**t meat injection haha funny guy.

In my opinion,...Lurchers open up for various reasons... :yes:

It is easy, to categorise the causes, and keep on quoting the obvious,...but, speaking personally,..over the years,.I have run dogs at a very young age,.hunted them in dense woodland,...let them loose on the lamp,...slipped them after hares, deers, and many other critters, (both wild and domestic), that could be sold for a profit,..and they have never made a murmer... :hmm:

Corrispondingly,..I have also held them back,..waited patiently, until well grown, kept them out of the brash and forest floor,..made doubly sure that they could run like the wind, twist and turn like snakes,..etc,.etc,..and they have still screamed their fecking lungs out... :blink:

Facts are,..all things being equal.... :laugh:

Some dogs yip,.and some dogs just don't.... :thumbs:

f***ing well said young chap