Being Able To Shout Your Bitch/dog Out

Would be interesting if someone could start a poll about who does what .Not the technical type myself

. Polls next time were out we will have a poll were we think charlie will go to ground the we will have a poll what terrier to use polls lol it just experience mate. Know one knows what the the day will bring or were we will end up or the out come. But to the best of are abiltily we go eqiped and enter the tyke best suited to the task that lays ahead in the situation and try are best for the terrier and see the quarry is despatched in a humane way. Keep all the bravardo and testing All ways look after your terriers.
  • Like 3

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's some right sh*te being said on this thread by lads that have obviously only ever owned hard digging dogs without a brain, I've owned many types of terrier from the 60's on and there is a use f

this is the most inaccurate post ive read on here in a long time. A man who gets to use his terriers most often are the lads in hunt service digging for packs. If they keep "hard" type terriers they w

Mole tbh I think your either talking pish or at the wind up! Tbh I think you ain't got much of a clue, been out with a lot of dudes like you

Posted Images

good honest workers should always stay until dug to.. your kidding yourselves on if you can shout a half hearted worker out when he up to his fox. dont put them in bad places or learn to dig.. once you have called him out do yourself a favour and shoot the hoor and get proper stuff. get the basics right or the digging game and game dogs going downhill.

posts like this would be sound if they said before them. IN MY OPINION. as that is all that is an opinion. ive seen a few dogs that can be called out. i owned one for many seasons. she was a little yapper that could be shouted out. and was very handy indeed. i worked with a lakie that was hard enough to kill the majority of its foxes and did this with ease, he could be dug to and was dug on many occasions . he took a lot of damage over the years due to his hard nature. but he could be held off the lead at an occupied earth untill sent down by comand . he could also be called off on comand. he was an exeptional working terrier. :thumbs: i also had the pleasure of being out many times in my youth with a pet bred russell that could be shouted out . despite him being one of the hardest terriers ive seen worked. he was prematurely retired at a very young age due to work related injuries. terrierwork and working terriers are so varied . one mans opinion can only relate to what THEY. require in a terrier. i admire all terriers that do a job of work.

and the biggest threat to the working terrier at this moment in time is over hard terriers and folk that value this FAULT. above other attributes. just my opinion :thumbs:

And ain't that the truth... :thumbs:
a fault u avnt a clue bs.if dog stays an hard i wud say dats gameness an heart.as long as u take good care of them theyl b fine.jmo

And thats fine. but only if thats what you need in a dog. but a lot of folk dont, and require other qualities also.

so terriermen dont require gameness an heart in their dogs haha so wat qualitys do you require?

Hardness is only pain threshold

Gameness is staying for hours and hours and not giving in. Do or die

Hard dogs in big bad deep places either die or spew and I've seen more spew than die

• Like 1

Its surprising how some Charlie boys manage to get lodgings in places that the are physically impossible to dig,some may know where im coming from,would these lads with digging terriers that never come away until dug to enter here?,or walk away and miss ANOTHER opportunity.A terrier that can be utilised in these situations,called out at times if necessary,necessary often crops up?,is a more useful addition to the kennel of some lads than a digging jukel.Some lads want a digging terrier and don,t mind walking past undesirable,for them,places.some of us take advantage of, these places and the terriers that best work them.Which terrier line is more restricted in its work and what it offers?,both have their uses,dependant on the kennel,ignorance is the biggest fault in a kennel,owner?.

so what happens if your terrier is in so deep that he cannot hear you calling him , in these physical impossible to dig places as you put it ?

Its surprising how some Charlie boys manage to get lodgings in places that the are physically impossible to dig,some may know where im coming from,would these lads with digging terriers that never come away until dug to enter here?,or walk away and miss ANOTHER opportunity.A terrier that can be utilised in these situations,called out at times if necessary,necessary often crops up?,is a more useful addition to the kennel of some lads than a digging jukel.Some lads want a digging terrier and don,t mind walking past undesirable,for them,places.some of us take advantage of, these places and the terriers that best work them.Which terrier line is more restricted in its work and what it offers?,both have their uses,dependant on the kennel,ignorance is the biggest fault in a kennel,owner?.

so what happens if your terrier is in so deep that he cannot hear you calling him , in these physical impossible to dig places as you put it ?

then you have the same situation you would have with your mute bull headed cruncher. only chances are it has a little more savy and lasts till the 13 tonner arrives via the fell and moorland. rescue. fcuk me there is some nonesense on here. why are other canine owners not as kennel blind. if you want a dog that calls out then keep and breed for that quality. it will have NO direct threat to the harder types genepool. or the staying terrier for that matter. these terriers are kept amongst close pals and bred tightly. so how could inferior terriers affect them :hmm: . how many types of gun dog are there. each bred for different uses. all have a place. each exelling at what they where bred for :yes: . in the terrier world it seems. there is only one type of any use the rest are inferior and not to be bred off :blink: . there is a place for all work styles. as long as your true to your own type and breed for what you desire and dont stray from the path then your terriers will be safe.

one thing i do believe is that one mans cull is another mans pride. :yes: . times are changing. and the more versitile terrier is finding favour in more and more kennels. ;)

the thing is I wouldn't be in that situation where I entered a digging dog into an earth that needed a 13 tonne digger and the fmwtc , as I've no shame in saying that I wouldn't put a digging dog into that sort of place on purpose ! My point was that if you got situation were your dog couldn't hear you then your just as fcuked as if you had if you entered a stayer.

but the dogs a stayer anyway if not called if it cant hear you then dig till it can if you carnt dig youll have to wait it out i think the dog that can be called and stay if not would be the perfect dog and carnt really see an argument against having a dog like this in the kennel

i got a little bitch shes a disaster as a digging dog dose 15 mins and comes away but has had quiet a few bolts i was really thinking of rehomin her to my freind who works as a ratter but latley i been working for some guns and she bolted a cuple to them and ther more than happy as they pay alot of money for the shooting rights on the land so if ther happy i get to go back i can still get the dig with another dog if the quarry dont bolt

• Like 1

I accompany lads with digging dogs that are selective where they enter their mutts,the amount of occupied places they won,t work,because they own digging dogs only,their choice,but with my type of mutt I don,t need to be so selective and can account for many of their missed opportunities,fair play to the lads with the energy,commitment and resolve to own a terrier that can only be dug to,often is the case that its best not to hang around to long,to long is the demise of modern terrier work at times?.

• Like 3