Being Able To Shout Your Bitch/dog Out

I don't think there is a correct definitive answer and it's all down to your own personnel choice .I wouldn't breed from a dog that could be called of as I don't think it's 100% committed to the job and I believe that a dog that can be called of isn't committed . Now I'm not saying I'm right in believing that, I'm just saying that's my personnel choice

But if you never called it out and it stayed till dug every time then how is that not commited mate?.
fair play but at the moment it hears you calling its name and it walks of gear then that not 100% committed surely ?

Fair point back at you mate :thumbs::laugh: ,but many terriers react to their name being called or when told to leave something like during stock breaking etc and i think some just react to being spoken/shouted to differently than other terriers do and i wouldn't find that a fault IF the terrier was still doing a 100% job,But it is all down to KNOWING THE SAID TERRIER and if your happy with how it works apart from calling it out then,,,,,, :hmm: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, don't call it out :victory:

• Like 1

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's some right sh*te being said on this thread by lads that have obviously only ever owned hard digging dogs without a brain, I've owned many types of terrier from the 60's on and there is a use f

this is the most inaccurate post ive read on here in a long time. A man who gets to use his terriers most often are the lads in hunt service digging for packs. If they keep "hard" type terriers they w

Mole tbh I think your either talking pish or at the wind up! Tbh I think you ain't got much of a clue, been out with a lot of dudes like you

Posted Images

I don't think there is a correct definitive answer and it's all down to your own personnel choice .I wouldn't breed from a dog that could be called of as I don't think it's 100% committed to the job and I believe that a dog that can be called of isn't committed . Now I'm not saying I'm right in believing that, I'm just saying that's my personnel choice

But if you never called it out and it stayed till dug every time then how is that not commited mate?.
fair play but at the moment it hears you calling its name and it walks of gear then that not 100% committed surely ?

Fair point back at you mate :thumbs::laugh: ,but many terriers react to their name being called or when told to leave something like during stock breaking etc and i think some just react to being spoken/shouted to differently than other terriers do and i wouldn't find that a fault IF the terrier was still doing a 100% job,But it is all down to KNOWING THE SAID TERRIER and if your happy with how it works apart from calling it out then,,,,,, :hmm: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, don't call it out :victory:
ok that makes sense ? !
  • Like 1

stig the black dog man getting a bit of stick well i never :snack:

--
its not like you to take stick stig not every one nose you was once a digging man of old :laugh::laugh::tongue2::thumbs:
. He's just sitting back laughing like most of us. Or should i say PMSL zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pmsl@pmsl :laugh:

--

its not like you to take stick stig not every one nose you was once a digging man of old :laugh::laugh::tongue2::thumbs:

i can still do a bit :laugh:

hahaha can ya f**k old lad be on with ya :laugh::laugh::tongue2::thumbs:

oh ffs dont you start as well --- had 20 mins on the grafter this morning :D

• Like 1

--

. On the crapper yes graft. Mmmmmmmmmm your nose will grow stig

--
. On the crapper yes graft. Mmmmmmmmmm your nose will grow stig

ffs is it pick on stig week :cray:

• Like 2

good to have one to call out problem being as they get older they don't wont to come if they any good.had terriers years ago I could call out the more work they got the less they would come all this traning them to come is a load of blo---x at the end of the day.

• Like 3