When Will I Hear?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in for sgc, 22 fac air, .22lr ,17 hmr, .223 lol I got reason to have all. As I got loads of foxes so dedicated .223 would be better. .17 for open land that I have..22 lr for medium outwards rabbits...fac air for the places powder isn't acceptable. So fingers crossed. A lot is lying on my previous, but having said that, I'm not a clown an a reformed character lol

yous will be assessed by the fao shell come out run few things through with ya's and then it goes in to head firearm officer and it waits on them to give a answer "which is the hold up" then if all's ok it gets sent back to the fao and she will then contact you, let you no to install your gun cabinet then she'll come out view it make sure it's ok,,,, then week later you have you fac :laugh::laugh: ATB lads

yous will be assessed by the fao shell come out run few things through with ya's and then it goes in to head firearm officer and it waits on them to give a answer "which is the hold up" then if all's ok it gets sent back to the fao and she will then contact you, let you no to install your gun cabinet then she'll come out view it make sure it's ok,,,, then week later you have you fac :laugh::laugh: ATB lads

I thought I didn need a cab before hand. You hear of loads fitting them ready. Fook that

I thought I didn need a cab before hand. You hear of loads fitting them ready. Fook that

i done that before got gun cabinet i jumped the gun lol got refused but i have my gun now a year later they'd turn you down for any small thing when just 18 :hmm:

I bought my cabinet prior to the FEO coming out for the interview, i had no worries, clean records and everything, and for SGC you do not need a reason to aquire one, but they always ask, just say clay pigeon shooting or something. If you have clean records they have no reason what so ever to not grant you a SGC, but as you say, your previous will be questioned and it will be harder for you, good luck.

Hi all,

Here in Plymouth, Devon, I had a SGC renewal and an FAC application. I received a letter saying the FO would be in touch and not to send any forms off. He came visiting, filled him with tea and biscuits, checked my forms to make sure nothing was missing and inspected my cabinet. Within a month I had a nice thick envelope containing SGC and FAC. I suggest that it is easier for the officer to check that you have everything in place (including cabinet and safe) before the application is sent off.

The FO was great and was in the process of applying for his SGC and FAC at the time so was appreciative of the hoops required to jump through.

if you want it badly enough, you have to be prepared to put yourself out.

Happy Hunting

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent my application off 3 weeks ago yesterday to exeter,should I get a letter from them confirming my application is being looked into? Or will I hear nothing until my interview date ?

you should get a letter saying there looking into it mate ATB :thumbs: