Ferreters Not The Most Chatty Folk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could teach it to dance and go on Britain's got Talent.   Go to some shows through the summer and chat to a few at them, you'll meet plenty of numpties and braggards but you might fall lucky wi

First and foremost. Don't shout at people when they're ferreting

I can just picture it now, 2 lads keeping their heads down participating in their quiet sport (maybe they weren't meant to be there) then some lad they don't know lurcher in tow (bull x ?) starts mide

haha no not really pip although I used to do the bomb disposal dogs to, so I used to try not to move much either :bad: ! James I wish it was so easy where I live its becoming increasingly less rural pal and my contacts are all saying that mixy has ruined there spots!

haha no not really pip although I used to do the bomb disposal dogs to, so I used to try not to move much either :bad: ! James I wish it was so easy where I live its becoming increasingly less rural pal and my contacts are all saying that mixy has ruined there spots!

same round here,no rabbits due to over hunting...lots of folk doing the same place...even got rid of the ferrets and all the gear its that bad.. :yes:....but the lurchers are a very versatile dog and can do other things...atb... :thumbs:

I did get an offer to go beagling over Halifax way by a mate fancied a bit of that! But mainly wanted to get into ferreting to take one or two rabbits and free meat!

Sometimes I think people with the best spots keep quite to quite simply keep it quiet lol ! Im only 24 so heres to hoping that in a few more years of life ill obtain contacts in the right places and get out!

Without sounding dumb what else do you suggest I could do with a whippet/bedlington cross

I did get an offer to go beagling over Halifax way by a mate fancied a bit of that! But mainly wanted to get into ferreting to take one or two rabbits and free meat!

Sometimes I think people with the best spots keep quite to quite simply keep it quiet lol ! Im only 24 so heres to hoping that in a few more years of life ill obtain contacts in the right places and get out!

Without sounding dumb what else do you suggest I could do with a whippet/bedlington cross

You could teach it to dance and go on Britain's got Talent. :laugh:

Go to some shows through the summer and chat to a few at them, you'll meet plenty of numpties and braggards but you might fall lucky with somebody. :thumbs:

• Like 5

From some of the replies it amazes me why the General public have the perceived perception that all "hunters" are thugs and rough I wonder why :p LETS SEE WHO BITES

well fuking sed mate wee all compline that we never get peace to do what we love if we had some f***ing respect for what we ar hunting and for the people around us miby just mibby we would not have this baner above our heads because ryt now all the public see is ill tempered thugs that can be dangerous kwam we nead to see it from some one else's vue the guy just wiss just asking how the were doing not f***ing telling them to get off the land

From some of the replies it amazes me why the General public have the perceived perception that all "hunters" are thugs and rough I wonder why :p LETS SEE WHO BITES

If it was us ferreting I'd of wanted you on ya way as quickly as possible really...just for the fact you had a dog with ya.....the fact that you shouted over would demonstrate your weren't a ferreter so by that I'd assume your dog wouldn't be ferret friendly...just because the lads were stood some distance away wouldnt mean the ferret could pop out closer to you than us....reeducating a dog with a spade doesn't bode well for the start of a friendship lol

next time it happens just obseve & when the lads /men are clearing nets up ferets safely away try & get a conversation going cos you never know you might hit lucky -me & my mate always liked a chat with strangers to the sport & we have even gained permission through it -not all lads are miserable ignorant twats lol-billy

• Like 3

Theres nothing worse than a old guy comes right into the middle of what your doing standing on the bury and saying i see your ferreting i used to do that sixty years ago apart from somebody shouting at the fence line probably thought you where a anti and getting ready for the abuse