Farmer Rang To Shoot Crows

• 4 weeks later...

was doing the same job last week grey backs/hooded crows picking at sleeping lambs.

got up early with the .223 zerod to 200 yards parked car up on hill reclined driver seat [BANNED TEXT] back sat in back seat with legs stretched out over driver seat sand bag on door frame had a can of coke with bottom facing me at 200yards for a test shoot gave it 2/3" for wind bang on Sat for 3 hrs got 4/5 one got away but wasn't looking so good in the air.

the satisfaction hitting them at that ranges is great, if only they sat still long enough i say i would have got 10 easy

get some decoys out hide keep ur face hidden and keep still untill their in close then hit them with the 12g other than that like has been said the HMR is good at distence but still u need to hide yourself good cos they see you before you see them....good luck pal.

Try a stuffed fox as a decoy stood over some food - crows will go mad to mob it

my mate said he had set a dead fox and a lamb out to be disposed of are the crows were going mental so he kepted them and docoyed said it was one of the most exciting shooting days he had.