Big Powerful Bitches

A litter that is bred from bitch that is around 23 to 24 tts can throw 26 to 27 inch offspring if she is put to a dog of that size. I bet plenty on here have witnessed this :yes:

is that to me? The mother and father to my bitch was both under 26 , an my bitch is 29
Rob, dam 26.5", sire 25", but she 29", and to the people saying tall no power, can't turn, can't pick up etc, you must've been looking at some SHIT dogs! This bitch is between 75-80 lb, fit as f**k and very well muscled up, but racy with it, not bulky or overly developed, and is incredibly powerful, but also very agile. Can get down even to pick mice up with no bother at all, never mind rabbits! She gets mistaken for a pure greyhound dog all the time, even by people who've kept greyhounds and lurchers for years. And if she clipped you while having a bit of a run around, you'd be in NO doubt at all about her power. And to the guy that said he doesn't think greyhounds are powerful, 'paulsmithy' I think it was, you were working at the wrong kennels mate, greyhounds not powerful! :hmm: . Your yard must've had some poor dogs.
How many mice has your bitch had in a single night.........
  • Like 2

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh go on then,..

Lots of pictures of little bitches on here not big powerful bitches. I have two - an 8 year old, 29" 85lb 3/4 grey / 1/4 deerhound bitch - was the best allrounder I have ever seen. I also run her 2/12

Just so everyone's clear, this ain't one of those long drawn out for sale threads.....IF it ever happens no one will ever know except the people concerned   I simply wanted to get an idea about what

Posted Images

Just so everyone's clear, this ain't one of those long drawn out for sale threads.....IF it ever happens no one will ever know except the people concerned

I simply wanted to get an idea about what's out there, chat with a few decent lads about it and there has been some decent advice which is a bonus

I have a couple of very generous offers......that's all really

Some of you lads are holding tidy bitches, credit to you.

Thanks all

• Like 8

A litter that is bred from bitch that is around 23 to 24 tts can throw 26 to 27 inch offspring if she is put to a dog of that size. I bet plenty on here have witnessed this :yes:

is that to me? The mother and father to my bitch was both under 26 , an my bitch is 29
Rob, dam 26.5", sire 25", but she 29", and to the people saying tall no power, can't turn, can't pick up etc, you must've been looking at some SHIT dogs! This bitch is between 75-80 lb, fit as f**k and very well muscled up, but racy with it, not bulky or overly developed, and is incredibly powerful, but also very agile. Can get down even to pick mice up with no bother at all, never mind rabbits! She gets mistaken for a pure greyhound dog all the time, even by people who've kept greyhounds and lurchers for years. And if she clipped you while having a bit of a run around, you'd be in NO doubt at all about her power. And to the guy that said he doesn't think greyhounds are powerful, 'paulsmithy' I think it was, you were working at the wrong kennels mate, greyhounds not powerful! :hmm: . Your yard must've had some poor dogs.
How many mice has your bitch had in a single night.........

Only takes mice during the day :thumbs:

• Like 1

Some cracking bitches lads some very nice ones I'd love to put my big dog to a strong bitch in about a year or 2

My dog 29 inch tts 5 yrs , i think he would produce good pups to the right bitch

20130315_151445_zps58025d29.jpg

20130315_151620_zpsc4afdbee.jpg

20130321_122334_zpsf6e2099b.jpg

20130315_151526_zps3befa8d5.jpg

• Like 4

Nobody saying anys better. Just asking what a dog at 30 can do a dog at 26 can't?. The yanks an ozzzys may need dogs that size but in this country we don't not even pre ban as you read on here lol

A taller dog, as long as it's agile, is going to be of more use than a smaller type in alot of situations, especially lamping on ground with a fair amount of roughish scrub/cover or whatever, due to a better field of vision due to it's height, more so when you're after a few mice! :laugh: lol

• Like 1

Nobody saying anys better. Just asking what a dog at 30 can do a dog at 26 can't?. The yanks an ozzzys may need dogs that size but in this country we don't not even pre ban as you read on here lol

A taller dog, as long as it's agile, is going to be of more use than a smaller type in alot of situations, especially lamping on ground with a fair amount of roughish scrub/cover or whatever, due to a better field of vision due to it's height, more so when you're after a few mice! :laugh: lol

But we ain't talking small dogs we are talking dogs at 26ats,hardly small and able to do everyything a taller dog can

j dog wat way is that big dog bred nice big stamp of a dog any good on the big ears

Cheers bud he's deer grey x saluki bull grey he is a great rabbit dog ferreting and lamping . and yeah he can take big rabbits to a decent standard not as well as my other dogs but I'm sure pre ban he'd have been top notch on fox ;):thumbs:

Edited by J.DOG

j dog wat way is that big dog bred nice big stamp of a dog any good on the big ears

Cheers bud he's deer grey x saluki bull grey he is a great rabbit dog ferreting and lamping . and yeah he can take big rabbits to a decent standard not as well as my other dogs but I'm sure pre ban he'd have been top notch on fox ;):thumbs:

he looks a real nice animal, fit and well kept

• Like 1