Landrover Are They Really As Unreliable As Everyone One Says

Ah bollocks! I did a quick auto trader search and found nothing but 4x4s. :laugh: Still, the Isuzus have a good rep.

What about Jeep? Do they only make 4x4s?

No

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had my 90 for 3 years now and it has cost me £40 to get through 3 MOT's, never let me down. As far as leaking goes i was always told if you want a land rover that doesn't leak get a soft top. T

got a 97 defender 300tdi, had it since 2000, get under it with a grease gun every now and again, all the u j's, spray the underside with black oil a few times a year, service it regular, ticks over li

Had 4 landies, and have now swore I will never have another.. not worth the hassle. I have went back to Mitsubishi.   Freelanders ! holy f***ing crap, what a pile of shit they are. and There is n

Ah bollocks! I did a quick auto trader search and found nothing but 4x4s. :laugh: Still, the Isuzus have a good rep.

You trying to prove me wrong :laugh:

You trying to prove me wrong :laugh:

No, trying to save some pride.................... failing miserably apparently! :laugh:

Well then, Landy are the only 100% 4x4 manufacturers................................

While we are talking about Land Rover; I've been wondering for a bit now, why don't LR produce a twin cab pickup to compete with the likes of Ranger, L200, Navara, Hilux, D-Max etc? And don't say they already do, the Defender twin cab...... that isn't competition for them at all.

I'm imagining something derived from either the Disco 4 or the Freelander. What I have in my head looks real smart and with the LR pedigree would be pricey but would probably sell well. Don't they think they can compete with all the other manufacturers in that market?

While we are talking about Land Rover; I've been wondering for a bit now, why don't LR produce a twin cab pickup to compete with the likes of Ranger, L200, Navara, Hilux, D-Max etc? And don't say they already do, the Defender twin cab...... that isn't competition for them at all.

I'm imagining something derived from either the Disco 4 or the Freelander. What I have in my head looks real smart and with the LR pedigree would be pricey but would probably sell well. Don't they think they can compete with all the other manufacturers in that market?

No idea mate, been wondering why for years. They have the engine and can see thousands of folk buying these twincabs for what i would say as comfort cars plus workhorses. I loved my Landy.......never felt like you were every going to get stuck, even with the trailer on. Think they are missing a trick. :thumbs:

Probably don't think they need to compete with them mate. The way the green brigades going with the anti 4x4, they're better sticking to what they've always done.

No idea mate, been wondering why for years. They have the engine and can see thousands of folk buying these twincabs for what i would say as comfort cars plus workhorses. I loved my Landy.......never felt like you were every going to get stuck, even with the trailer on. Think they are missing a trick. :thumbs:

A tallented sort of chap with a head for bussiness and design could possibly approach LR with something. I dunno, just seems obvious to me. Something derived from either the Freelander or the Disco depending on where they want the price to sit. Having said that, they would probably bring out another friggin Range Rover derivative............... the RR twincab "for the 'well to do' tradesman". :laugh:

Probably don't think they need to compete with them mate. The way the green brigades going with the anti 4x4, they're better sticking to what they've always done.

But 90% of the tradesmans and working countrymans 4x4s these days seem to be the twin cabs, Huntsmen and keepers all seem to be driving the twin cabs. That's a huge section of the 4x4 market they are just ignoring. If LR could produce something to directly compete in this market but keep true to what a LR is and their pedigree I can't see them failing. But I know shit! LOL

A tallented sort of chap with a head for bussiness and design could possibly approach LR with something. I dunno, just seems obvious to me. Something derived from either the Freelander or the Disco depending on where they want the price to sit. Having said that, they would probably bring out another friggin Range Rover derivative............... the RR twincab "for the 'well to do' tradesman". :laugh:

:laugh: ....they probably would. But like most of the others they could have the workhorse(defender), the middle range(disco and freelander) and the high end range (range rover). :thumbs: All with open backs, 5 seats and the choice of backs for them..........f**k it i'm off too Dragons Den.... :D

Nissan Navara are the biggest bag of spunk going, would prefer to take a ''Montego estate'' off road ! i owned a 300tdi 90 and it was good for ''off roading'' but i always had a tool box in the back :laugh:

Land Rover every time. The others can't hack it.

The reason they're expensive 2nd hand is because they're worth it.

The last one I got rid of (330TDi defender 90) had 330k on and a garage bill of just under £1500 which I reckon is pretty damn good. The one I have now is well on course to do the same.

I even have a 2 1/4 petrol SIII and my lad could fix it with his meccano set! Its bullet proof.

I' have used a L200 and Pajero at work and whilst far more comfier than the LR they're expensive for parts and you need a lot of them!

Ford Mav' pick up is showing promise as a worker tho' and I beleieve that it is basically a Mazda

Rgds

Swampy

4X4 ning