I used 2 dustbins, 1 for reds, 1 for lobs, sods upside down for the lobs, changed now and again. used the compost i found the reds in for their bin, fed them crushed egg shells, tea bags and mashed spuds, they bred very well, young un,s were like bits of cotton, keep both moist not wet and they'll be fine, buster.

• Like 2

I used 2 dustbins, 1 for reds, 1 for lobs, sods upside down for the lobs, changed now and again. used the compost i found the reds in for their bin, fed them crushed egg shells, tea bags and mashed spuds, they bred very well, young un,s were like bits of cotton, keep both moist not wet and they'll be fine, buster.

Excellent advice, we use corn flour also up our way for the brandlings, just sprinkle it on top of the compost. They do well on it.

Guest bullterrier

Thought I'd have a nosey on flea bay and pick myself up one ... Until I seen the price of them fcuk that :D

have you seen the price of worms these days if you use a lot of worms it will soon pay for itself :thumbs: john

• Like 1

Lobs collected in rain at night...put in a 20l tub of moss..lasts all season...keep as cool as possible..the amount of fishing matches i have won with worm is incredible!

I've had some klonkers on the worm...decent fish of all species, for my area.... :victory:

• Like 1

my mate chucks a bit of horse shite in his ...

To hell with all that...... Find a guy with a pigeon loft, where he dumps his shit, best wormery on the planet :D

Not if you want lob's it isn't. Theres different types of worm and they have differing uses. Myself, I don't think Lobs can be beat...

• Like 4

To hell with all that...... Find a guy with a pigeon loft, where he dumps his shit, best wormery on the planet :D

Not if you want lob's it isn't. Theres different types of worm and they have differing uses. Myself, I don't think Lobs can be beat...

I like me brambles mate. I'm not that fussy right enough, use anything but clay worms. Don't know if you guys call them that. I only use worms for trotting for grayling etc. what was the competitions you mentioned, was it course fishing?

I like me brambles mate. I'm not that fussy right enough, use anything but clay worms. Don't know if you guys call them that. I only use worms for trotting for grayling etc. what was the competitions you mentioned, was it course fishing?
brambles are good bud but they snag on your clothes and hurt when they prick the skin :D
  • Like 1