Keeping A Dog. Quiet In The Kennel

Iv just got a kennel and run too keep. My 14 month whippet in his first night was last night and he whined most of the night any ideas to keep him quiet he has a bone in there but still spent most of the night whining any ideas would. Be great ta tom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moron.

U have too think about it mate take it uve had the pup for a year and uve put it away from its only family/ pack some dogs prefer company some like being alone but dogs always think of humans as its p

?? how ??   not 2 sure about being ice cold, but as it runs straight from the hose because if it doesn't learn its lesson then your going to end up with complaints either from your partner your nei

I find feeding them at night helps they seem more content.

if you really do have a problem the best advise on here I've heard if attaching a hose pipe in to the run and having it so you can turn it on and off inside and turn it on when it starts yapping

U have too think about it mate take it uve had the pup for a year and uve put it away from its only family/ pack some dogs prefer company some like being alone but dogs always think of humans as its pack and uve basically pushed it out of course it's going too whine the first night it's known the house as its home for the last year it's food it's heat and its water and its pack so making sure the kennel is warm and something that smells of u old t shirt works and that u get into a routine do it knows when it's going too get out if it keeps going on for weeks the water hose works but make sure ur only doing it when it's howling for ur attention not cos there is a cat in the garden or if kids are playing in the garden just what I've found too work but cos it was its first night would not worry too much for now

• Like 2

Could you not move it out in stages? Like leave it out all day bring it in at night? Start by putting it in its kennel say a hour earlier every day and bringing it in a hour later till eventualy the dogs only in the house for a hour or so? I did this and it worked well took about 3 weeks get it outside full time tho. At the end I was staying up till 2 in the morning to get the dog in and getting back up at 4 to put it back out again lol. Atb