...what Wellies/boots Are All You Lurcher/coursing Guys Wearing...

Just bought a pair of hunter Balmoral sovereigns, full zip,leather lined, vibram hiking soles, usually go for 280 but paid 160 from uttings. Think john Norris selling them for 150 but they could be 2nds from there. Can't say how gd they are as only worn em a few times will see what nic they in come the end of the winter season.

Aigle parcour iso for me, probably have them on for 300 days a year at some point in the day. If they're not on my feet then it's Mendle Dovre or a cheaper pair of Gore-tex Aigle boots depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing !!

Muck boots seem popular but after trying them a few years back I gave up with them ripping and being to warm.

Hunters in any shape or form I don't rate, used to call their boots leakalots !

Le Chameux wellies are good but I've seen the rubber 'go off ' on the odd pair, their boots don't stand much abuse tho.

Altberg are a very good hand made boot, I've not tried the hiking boots but only ever heard good reports. I have a pair of their motorcycle boots, made to measure and never leak. So good the police use them !

what does tabbing mean,because when I phoned altberg up they said ohh all of the soldiers use them for is tabbing and they are ever so good for that,i didn't want to say I delivered pasty's for a living after that..

• Like 1

what does tabbing mean,because when I phoned altberg up they said ohh all of the soldiers use them for is tabbing and they are ever so good for that,i didn't want to say I delivered pasty's for a living after that..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TAB... TACTICAL ADVANCE TO BATTLE....

But in squaddie speak.... walk/jog/run .... various distances.... with varied...but mostly very heavy...weight on your back....

:thumbs:

• Like 1

I've got a 7 year old pair of Le Chameaus here that have just about bit the dust. Bought a replacement pair at Chatsworth on Friday, the Country Vibram and I can't knock them, the sole is great. It was a toss up between those and the Aigle Parcours, but being a fashion conscious sort :D the chameaus did it for me. I couldn't be fecked with the neopreme lined ones again, they get too hot in spring/autumn and in winter I wear the Meindl Dovres for anything more serious than a walk.

:hmm:

But in squaddie speak.... walk/jog/run .... various distances.... with varied...but mostly very heavy...weight on your back....

:thumbs:

that explains it, my job doesn't have the same ring to it :hmm:

:hmm:

But in squaddie speak.... walk/jog/run .... various distances.... with varied...but mostly very heavy...weight on your back.... :thumbs:

Had me in stitches that! :yes:

that explains it, my job doesn't have the same ring to it :hmm:

I've been battering and abusing a pair of Miendl Glockner GTX for the last year and they have stood up well so far.. Before that i had Harkila Hunters and they lasted a couple of months.

Aigle Parcours for the easy walking and sloppy stuff..but deffo the Boots for any hard work up the hills and digging.