Jasper my old freind.. i told you on the blower the other day how much oil i put in my vehicle when i done a oil change.. :thumbs: .. it was 4.8 litre's or there about's..

Leon thank's for the info on the engine flush.. :thumbs: .. i will never use it again..

Cheer's

Millet

You're right mate you did!! I'm so forgetfull latley Its unreal :doh:, if I don't write it down its gone straight away. do you think that by overfilling it I could have done some damage? when I finished I drove it round the block which adds up to about 2 miles and back home, I then checked the level which was way over the Max so I drained it there and then.

I honestly think the car sounds a bit more rattley with what sounds like a Hiss in the background, its probably me being paranoid but it does seem different....

Cheers

Jasper

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper,

You shouldn't have done any damage, your minds playing tricks on you! :D :D

Nice one Leon. its surpriseing I can even manage to type after the amount of pop I have been drinking!! I have a few Shandy's and the panic sets in about my beloved Motor, I like the idea of "DIY - Do It Yourself" but most of the time it ends up more like "DII - Do It In" when I get my hands on something :whistling:......

• 2 months later...

i think u will find u do need 7.2 litre,s in as i done tthe same thing a few weeks ago and i could hear a slight tapping in the bottom end bearing got back to nissan they said i need at least 3 more litres in and that these engine rely on oil pressure so i bought another tub of oil and put another 3 litre,s in its quite as a mouse now

not sure millet i put 5 litres in mine and it says full but they still said put 3 litre,s more so im confused its definatly alot quiter thou i wonder if the dip stick measurements are wrong and thats why so many are blowing up

Now I am confused :hmm:. I follwed advice off the Castrol website and stuck 7 Litres in as quoted, took it round the block and yep it was pretty quiet but it was showing well over a Inch above the Maximum mark! I drained some off and ever since then its running ok with around 3.7 litres and bang on the maximum, this was where it was when I purchased the motor so surley it must be correct? It would be good if Nissan would come clean on this and give some definite advice on engine oil quantity.....

Cheers

Jasper

The Nissans have different engines fitted dependant on age of the vehicle, one does have more oil in it than the other. As for over filling your engine your on a road to trouble. and if your vehicle is under warranty it will invalidate it.

For future reference fella's

http://www.castrol.co.uk/castrol/sectionge...ntentId=7027192

stick to this stuff better than the others :angel:

The Nissans have different engines fitted dependant on age of the vehicle, one does have more oil in it than the other. As for over filling your engine your on a road to trouble. and if your vehicle is under warranty it will invalidate it.

For future reference fella's

http://www.castrol.co.uk/castrol/sectionge...ntentId=7027192

stick to this stuff better than the others :angel:

well im too confused on all this i wwent main deeler and they took my reg,d 52 plate and said 7.2 litre,s so i will see how it goes it is slighlty high von the dip stick thou also your sheet says 7.2 litres so it must be right even if its high on the dip stick i no one thing its a lot noiseyer with only 5 litres in 7.2 and its quite as anything

well im too confused on all this i wwent main deeler and they took my reg,d 52 plate and said 7.2 litre,s so i will see how it goes it is slighlty high von the dip stick thou also your sheet says 7.2 litres so it must be right even if its high on the dip stick i no one thing its a lot noiseyer with only 5 litres in 7.2 and its quite as anything

If you click on this link Max and then click on the left <Which Oil Should I use>, then click <Vans> and then <Nissan> and this will bring a whole lot of Navara info from the petrol engine models and the year plus don't forget the D22 is a Navara aswell even though it doesn't state it, mine comes under Pickup 2.5TD (D22) 4 x 4 year 2002.....

Cheers

Jasper http://www.castrol.co.uk

Reading up on the net about Oil levels I get the impresion some quotes are for Petrol engines and other for diesel? the other thing thats bothering me now is have I got the right Dip stick fitted? whenever I check the levels its a b*****d to get back in unless its twisted is the correct position.

I would hate to think of the damage I might be doing if I'm running the Motor a bit lean on Oil :icon_eek:...

Cheers for the info Leon :thumbs:

Jasper