Dogs Killed By Farmer

I really hope this goes to court and he is given a substantial fine. I couldn't Imagine how angry I would be if I was the dog owner. I would make sure I got my own back that's for sure.

There was a similar issue few months back. A boarding kennels manage to let two collies out and the local farmer shot them both and dumped them in a stream. It was on the Jeramy Vine talk show on radio 2. Aparantly the farmer didn't like the kennels.

The law does not give the farmer the right to shoot your dog just for the sake it. He must only shoot as a sat resort and even then he is still open to prosicution.

This guy doesn't even know for sure that it was those dogs that killed the sheep.

I really do hope he gets what he deserves. Dirty b*****d. I don't usually get angry about things but I am actually really disgusted and think h is complet scum.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldn't the bird been in control of he dogs to start with?

The story is half baked and in the Daily Wail, so for starters I would take their 'facts' with half a hundredweight of salt.   The dogs were handed over on a 'leash' where did the leash come from? W

I would kill every fukcing animal on his farm ...... An eye for an eye ...........

By his own admission, the farmer shot the dogs while in a temper, but ultimately it is the owner's responsibility to keep her animals under control, every time.

I usually exercise my large (pet) dog on paths and bridleways that cross farm land (never near livestock I should point out) but I am so wary of this kind of incident that I keep her on a long line all the time - she recalls brilliantly but I am aware of my responsibility to the farmers to use their land responsibly and with respect.They don't owe me anything - I am a visitor on their property after all.

Maybe if this woman had a similar awareness, the losses suffered by her and the landowner could have been avoided.

By his own admission, the farmer shot the dogs while in a temper, but ultimately it is the owner's responsibility to keep her animals under control, every time.

I usually exercise my large (pet) dog on paths and bridleways that cross farm land (never near livestock I should point out) but I am so wary of this kind of incident that I keep her on a long line all the time - she recalls brilliantly but I am aware of my responsibility to the farmers to use their land responsibly and with respect.They don't owe me anything - I am a visitor on their property after all.

Maybe if this woman had a similar awareness, the losses suffered by her and the landowner could have been avoided.

Maybe that will be considered when its time to renew his licence :yes:

Cheers, D.

The fact that the farmer killed the dogs in anger shows he is not in a proper state of mind and should in my opinion have his firearms certificate revoke immediately. You can't shoot a dog in anger.

Reardless of what the dogs did or did not do they were killed by someone who had no right to do that. He was not protecting livestock, he lost control.

What if he catches a couple of lads walking through his fields? What if he gets angry? Complete scum.

The fact that the farmer killed the dogs in anger shows he is not in a proper state of mind and should in my opinion have his firearms certificate revoke immediately. You can't shoot a dog in anger.

Reardless of what the dogs did or did not do they were killed by someone who had no right to do that. He was not protecting livestock, he lost control.

What if he catches a couple of lads walking through his fields? What if he gets angry? Complete scum.

I'm not necessarily defending either side as there is right and wrong on both herer - the farmer is in the wrong to shoot in anger (100% right to say that) but equally the woman could and probably should have taken more measures to keep her dogs out of trouble. that's all I was getting at !!

I really hope this goes to court and he is given a substantial fine. I couldn't Imagine how angry I would be if I was the dog owner. I would make sure I got my own back that's for sure.

There was a similar issue few months back. A boarding kennels manage to let two collies out and the local farmer shot them both and dumped them in a stream. It was on the Jeramy Vine talk show on radio 2. Aparantly the farmer didn't like the kennels.

The law does not give the farmer the right to shoot your dog just for the sake it. He must only shoot as a sat resort and even then he is still open to prosicution.

This guy doesn't even know for sure that it was those dogs that killed the sheep.

I really do hope he gets what he deserves. Dirty b*****d. I don't usually get angry about things but I am actually really disgusted and think h is complet scum.

How do you know he didn't know for sure??

The media love anything like this and the stick gets thrown in and the shit stirred.

What's disgusting. Is the assumptions that have been made from a newspaper report. Along with half the bollox spouted on here, condemning a man without facts being known. And as for all this barn burning and stock killing!! Well.... Hmmn!!

Most will slate the fella but be at his door begging for permission.

Two faced or ignorant!!!

Some pish gets slavered on here on these type of threads. Most of you are thinking as a dog lover and not from the farmers point of view. Yes there sheep/lambs and yes they are bred to be slaughtered but thats doesn't mean the farmers just think of them as pound notes....i know how i feel seeing a pen full of birds ive had for only a few weeks with there heads ripped off by a fox never mind a bunch of sheep/lambs ive reared for months on end.

The same folk bringing up the 'legalities' on here like there f***ing Judge Judy will no doubt be out next week poaching.......f***ing genius!!.. :laugh:

• Like 3

Some pish gets slavered on here on these type of threads. Most of you are thinking as a dog lover and not from the farmers point of view. Yes there sheep/lambs and yes they are bred to be slaughtered but thats doesn't mean the farmers just think of them as pound notes....i know how i feel seeing a pen full of birds ive had for only a few weeks with there heads ripped off by a fox never mind a bunch of sheep/lambs ive reared for months on end.

The same folk bringing up the 'legalities' on here like there f***ing Judge Judy will no doubt be out next week poaching.......f***ing genius!!.. :laugh:

To right there Lab most are dog lovers but what gives this man the Right to Shoot 2 Dogs that (as far as we know) Haven't done this man no Harm . . How would you feel if a dog off yours got lost when out beating and you then find out the dog was shot in similiar Circumstances to these . . Would you say/think Ahh Well I Know How This Bloke Feels About Losing Stock So Fair Play To Him I Won't Hold This Against Him ?

To right there Lab most are dog lovers but what gives this man the Right to Shoot 2 Dogs that (as far as we know) Haven't done this man no Harm . . How would you feel if a dog off yours got lost when out beating and you then find out the dog was shot in similiar Circumstances to these . . Would you say/think Ahh Well I Know How This Bloke Feels About Losing Stock So Fair Play To Him I Won't Hold This Against Him ?

Has it not been pointed out that there had been sheep killed already mate? Im afraid if my dogs f****d off when i was working them, killed a sheep and got shot it would have saved me doing it when they decided to come back. If on the other hand they were shot for no reason and just because a farmer had a bad day then his day would maybe be getting a bit worse. I wouldn't however burn shit down and wreck machinery........i'm not an arsehole!!

Has it not been pointed out that there had been sheep killed already mate? Im afraid if my dogs f****d off when i was working them, killed a sheep and got shot it would have saved me doing it when they decided to come back. If on the other hand they were shot for no reason and just because a farmer had a bad day then his day would maybe be getting a bit worse. I wouldn't however burn shit down and wreck machinery........i'm not an arsehole!!

Aye ye are!! :laugh:

Aye ye are!! :laugh:

No am no........"END OFF!!"....... :lol::lol: