Dogs Killed By Farmer

Maybe he has been loosing stock to these 2 dogs worrying them.

They weren't worrying stock when handed over to him, therefore he had no legal right to shoot them.

It's a cuntish thing to do and he's gonna get f****d for it.

Maybe they had killed a few and they had stopped, who knows???

• Like 1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shouldn't the bird been in control of he dogs to start with?

The story is half baked and in the Daily Wail, so for starters I would take their 'facts' with half a hundredweight of salt.   The dogs were handed over on a 'leash' where did the leash come from? W

I would kill every fukcing animal on his farm ...... An eye for an eye ...........

They weren't worrying stock when handed over to him, therefore he had no legal right to shoot them.

Lab, what the bloke did was absolutely illegal. Yeah maybe they had been stock worriers but I didn't get that impression from the report. But let's face it, it's a newspaper report, anything could of happened............. My gut would say he's a very angry old farmer, shoots first and send flowers later type, that has a zero tollerance policy to loose dogs on his land regardless of circumstances. Well that's fine, but if you live by those rules you had better expect to upset a few people............

So if it comes out these dogs have killed a sheep would that change your mind mate or is it different when its a few lambs? Is there a acceptable limit dogs are allowed to kill before action is taken? Just trying to see the other side of the story hear......facts are if someone handed the dogs in and they had done nothing wrong and he has decided to kill them then good luck too him, he'd need it if it was my dogs and they had done nothing.

Lab, what the bloke did was absolutely illegal. Yeah maybe they had been stock worriers but I didn't get that impression from the report. But let's face it, it's a newspaper report, anything could of happened............. My gut would say he's a very angry old farmer, shoots first and send flowers later type, that has a zero tollerance policy to loose dogs on his land regardless of circumstances. Well that's fine, but if you live by those rules you had better expect to upset a few people............

Yeah mate i agree and if he is one of these types, a c**t of the highest order, then he has signed his own death warrant i'd say.... :thumbs:

Why do landowners shoot dogs ?? Even if they are worrying sheep it causes so much hassle whats the point ??

It doesn't cause any hassle if done legally. It's done obviously to prevent hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of damage to your livelihood.

• Like 4

Why do landowners shoot dogs ?? Even if they are worrying sheep it causes so much hassle whats the point ??

If you went to the bank today and there was money missing and you seen the guy stealing it would you like something done?

If you went to the bank today and there was money missing and you seen the guy stealing it would you like something done?

nah he obviously needed it to result in stealing lol

• Like 1

So if it comes out these dogs have killed a sheep would that change your mind mate or is it different when its a few lambs? Is there a acceptable limit dogs are allowed to kill before action is taken? Just trying to see the other side of the story hear......facts are if someone handed the dogs in and they had done nothing wrong and he has decided to kill them then good luck too him, he'd need it if it was my dogs and they had done nothing.

I know this Incident well , these 2 dogs where constantly released unsupervised , been witnesses saying they'd seen 2 Rottwielers , over a time when sheep had been killed , well this farmer drives into his field to find Carnage and the 2 Dogs still there "Killing" . . These where Powerfull aggressive dogs and I agree with his actions in these Circumstances , but the initial post I think is a Disgrace mate .
  • Like 1

It doesn't cause any hassle if done legally. It's done obviously to prevent hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of damage to your livelihood.

Yes it does. You ever shot one or been there when ones been shot by a landowner ?? I saw one shot a couple of weeks ago for worrying sheep and the landowner done all that was necessary to stay within the law but even the police spoke to him like shit. The sheep have since been shot at with crossbows fences turned off farm equipment stolen windows smashed ect.

So to anyone whos shot stock worriers before was it worth it ?

I remeber hunting in scotland years ago, on land we had permishon, And the famer from the next farm pull up, and siad if we go on to his land he would shoot the dogs, Our host turnd to him, And told him that the dog cost him 15£, And asked him how much his barn cost. :whistling:

• Like 1

Shouldn't the bird been in control of he dogs to start with?

Yes, she should - but I am sure most people will have had a dog get loose.

I wouldn't leave any of mine in the back of the truck, knowing they could get loose easily - not worth the risk.

If they had done damage and been shot, I also wouldn't blame the farmer - it would be my fault for letting my dogs get into that situation. I wouldn't retaliate in anyway, however gutted I was.

On the other hand, if the dogs hadn't done anything, and he shot them anyway - I'd be doing time.

• Like 1

Yes it does. You ever shot one or been there when ones been shot by a landowner ?? I saw one shot a couple of weeks ago for worrying sheep and the landowner done all that was necessary to stay within the law but even the police spoke to him like shit. The sheep have since been shot at with crossbows fences turned off farm equipment stolen windows smashed ect.

So to anyone whos shot stock worriers before was it worth it ?

Right, so one legitimate case that caused trouble....................... I'm sure there are others of course but I would say the majority end much better than that.

Only the other week I was speaking to an old friend that farms sheep who had to shoot one of his tups after a mauling, he wanted to know if I knew any lads running dogs around his place. Anyway his concern was that it was the local pikeys and would cause hell if he shot a dog. But what's the alternative? Just sit by idley while someone kils your bussiness? No f**k that, you use what tools you have and deal with it. Possibly damned if you do, certainly damned if you don't!