Hi I have just got my self a .177 BSA ultra what is the best range to zero at as I have only had .22 in the past and always zeroed at 30m. Also am I right in thinking the Lower I have the mag set on my scope the further I can shoot on my mill dots. Don't shoot me down if the question sounds stupid just after some advice. Thanks Rodge

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to find a zero that takes out just about all your hold under and only leaves you with hold over.

36yrds is the 'optimal' according to chairgun but you will find most 177 zeroed to 35yards and as Skot said it will depend on your power and pellet choices and your preference of course - but you will

My HW 77 is zeroed at 27 yds as well. Never really needed to change it.

36yrds is the 'optimal' according to chairgun but you will find most 177 zeroed to 35yards and as Skot said it will depend on your power and pellet choices and your preference of course - but you will not go far wrong with 35

177 is a flatter shooting trajectory - take mine for example I shoot on x10 and its 14 - 41yards on a 1 mildot spread, 1/2 a mil dot above and 1/2 below my cross hairs,but the drop off is severe at further distances 75yards is about 5 mil dots for me but i never hunt at that distance only knockdown targets :thumbs:

The wind takes greater effect the further out you shoot too even a gentle breeze can blow you far off course

A 177 shooting correctly will be able to hit 75yrds, if you can hit 75 is a different matter :thumbs: if you put in the range work and take the time to learn your aim points im sure you will enjoy the caliber

ATB

Adam

• Like 1

my hw100kt in 177 is at a 27yard zero and works for me it all comes down to personal preferences though. ATB Aaron

Thats what i usually zero mine at too Aaron.

It removed hold under brilliantly and as long as you know your aim points at your set mag its deadly out to 55 / 60 yards rifle, scope and scope depending.

• Like 1