Producers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's one of them

Shamrock is 10 now she last bitch directly outa irish lady she had litter before produced 3 or 4 very good dogs a lot still running

Looks very similar to bitch I got here very nice  

Posted Images

Charlie stuff, joe stuff, seagull stuff, best 3 breeds around IMO and all mix well together

joe a first x ...what was charlie an seagull edited to say i forgot seagull looked like a goat merlin an eve ..still dont know about charlie
if you have never heard of Charlie you can't be in to coursing
How do you work that one out? If you've never heard of a dog you can't be into coursing??? You must mean into watching those pishy dvd's or are you one of these clowns that lives in a bubble and thinks the only coursing is on the fens? You need to get out more, honestly, you'll feel a lot better for it.
it's like being into horse racing and saying you have never heard of red rum, sorry it offended you so much, no need to start crying about it

:laugh: aye cos the papers, betting shops, tv is full of coursing. So you reckon everyone who is into coursing hares should know all these dogs? If you don't, your not into coursing? Am I nit picking :laugh:

I think you are a bit Baw, to be fair Charlie is a very well known dog.

• Like 1

Ozzy

9C8316B5-B7EA-4F49-A57D-DC42F35FD75D-130

aint he a really nice old type .hes a cracker as the saying goes

old type... what we call the old type are the broken coated dogs like scouser bulldozer coal field joe and of course toby {hoover} thats how they was 35 year ago the ole breed

aye hes the old type by that hes the dabs of seagull . coal field or courfields joe wasnt an old type at all his father was first x saluki greyhound balleyregan bob x angie .a tepe gawra saluki

sorry broookie i ment micky dews joe brookie was you around kent in the mid 70s

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thred is about producers but it does take two to produce and IMO the bitch is as important as the dog to better the chances of bettering the pups, common sense an all that..!

So apart from Hounddog, few on this thred have mentioned the bitches but then I suppose we all talk about dogs when we talk about producers, I know I do too..!

You coursing boys should know by now that I really don't know much about your game, as much as I enjoy a daytime run, it's just not my bag, though feck me, I do love the look of those things you run...

My question(s) is this... These days with a bigger gene pool of match dogs than ever, is the trend now to simply put any bred down (from decent gear!) bitch to 'super producer' dogs. Are some lads using dogs from their own yards or good friends with the same blood stock, as more get into the game and rivalry gets worse (lets face it, it seems so on here!!) and is that detrimental to what is produced...

Is it now a case of rivalry creating bigger divisions when it comes to breeding and not simply best to best cause different folk don't like each other, because it would seem to me, that way back when Merlin lined Eve and subsequent early, legendary matings took place, the smaller pool of coursing folk where more interested in producing the better stock from what was available, no matter who's kennels it came from, it was all about the game, seeing how far they could take these super dogs...

Are the names of these 'producer dogs' on here because their owners have done well with them, they are bred right and they are at open stud, open to those who would use the same line but also to make a buck or two because they know the rivalry and money that is in this game... Where else can folk with 'issues' with other match men go to better their stock...

Would it be fair to say that you match lads could/would go to anyone else in the game to better the 'type', rather than just a select few, to better 'your own'.. Or would you own rivalry get in the way...??

• 1 month later...

I know this thred is about producers but it does take two to produce and IMO the bitch is as important as the dog to better the chances of bettering the pups, common sense an all that..!

So apart from Hounddog, few on this thred have mentioned the bitches but then I suppose we all talk about dogs when we talk about producers, I know I do too..!

You coursing boys should know by now that I really don't know much about your game, as much as I enjoy a daytime run, it's just not my bag, though feck me, I do love the look of those things you run...

My question(s) is this... These days with a bigger gene pool of match dogs than ever, is the trend now to simply put any bred down (from decent gear!) bitch to 'super producer' dogs. Are some lads using dogs from their own yards or good friends with the same blood stock, as more get into the game and rivalry gets worse (lets face it, it seems so on here!!) and is that detrimental to what is produced...

Is it now a case of rivalry creating bigger divisions when it comes to breeding and not simply best to best cause different folk don't like each other, because it would seem to me, that way back when Merlin lined Eve and subsequent early, legendary matings took place, the smaller pool of coursing folk where more interested in producing the better stock from what was available, no matter who's kennels it came from, it was all about the game, seeing how far they could take these super dogs...

Are the names of these 'producer dogs' on here because their owners have done well with them, they are bred right and they are at open stud, open to those who would use the same line but also to make a buck or two because they know the rivalry and money that is in this game... Where else can folk with 'issues' with other match men go to better their stock...

Would it be fair to say that you match lads could/would go to anyone else in the game to better the 'type', rather than just a select few, to better 'your own'.. Or would you own rivalry get in the way...??

spot on 2 many people ask how is it bred , and if it wasn't breed by a big name it's no good ! Worker to worker proven over 5 seasons then you have as good as chance as any not a 3 yr old bitch to a big name dog , quick buck off the stud and pups and the dam only been out a hand full of times , working hard!