The Official Chilli Plant Thread 2013

I was looking at Growing Chillies Jason Nickels from the Chilli Farm in South Devon as I've never grown chillies or anything for that matter.

Does anyone know of it and is it to late this year to grow chillies as I was looking at their startup kit and growing them in the kitchen.

Thanks folks

There must be a million great chilli recipes and so many other good flavors for vodka, that I wonder why anyone who has already tried it would want to mix the two and make it... Its fecking rank, a waste of either product IMO.

Used to be a few bars in town that did it, usually on a Russian Roulette type of shot thing. Six clear flavored vodka shots but one is chilli and no one knows which one it is, not even the bar staff as they spin and switch the glasses (though they can be bribed on your round!). Other than fecking up someones gob and eyes for about 20mins and their mates pissing themselves laughing, thats all its good for!

Aha! Now that you mention it, I have played that myself but never had the chili shot (perhaps for the best). Seems to be a boutique drink at the moment though 0_0

• 1 month later...

just tried a hybrid ive grown called "carolina reaper" oh my its blown everything ive ever tried out of the water and ive red morouga trinidad scorpion and several nagas, i keep wondering why i grow chillis like these dont know what to do with them but im keeping seed to grow for next year

Carolina reaper sounds Great I have grow all sorts for years and a few very hot scorpions.

I have made a few bits and bobs in the past. Made a nice paste for toast.

Cider vinegar dash, hand full of chillies, soya sauce fair bit, tomato thick paste shop brought.

This forms the base sauce, cut chillies and mix all together hot pan until all infused. Make it thick and put in jar. Is great with cheese on toast and you can add what ingredients you want to it.

Yum yum!!!

ATB

Lee

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...