Pigeon Decoying 23Rd March Cambridgeshire

• 2 weeks later...

Well according to some on pigeon watch you talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.

You talk up the shooting and the shooting is poor.

Cannot call you Robin Hood.

But your certainly a Robin person.

• Like 1

i think your confusing me with someone else, anyone who want to come have a look around ill happily show you around this is my living i supply clients to estates covering over 30,000acres in east anglia they cant all have no pigeons ??

im head keeper on one estate and guide on five others come have a look around before you start slating someone thanks karl

as i said on other threads i supply clients to alot of farms/estates i adhere to all firearms laws,and the countryside act etc i happen to supply customers to lee aswell as many others

,the land in question is getting hit hard by pigeons at the minute so ive been supplying 2 to 5 guns a week to help with this

i dont see myself as a know it all but i like to think i know my land and customers needs

hope this clears the matter up my telephone number and email is available if anyone has a grievance with my company i will always listen and i want any of my customers to return and have a good day thanks karl

Edited by fenlandfieldsports

its a hard time of year, been so cold ,icy & snow etc..all the animals are hungry ,even starving with the recent weather unable to get to the ground especially here in Yorkshire making all twitchy, with animals/ birds etc knowing they are venerable for dinner..I see most areas are twitchy as hell, crows / pigeon will hammer the open ground for clover, muck spread, etc but any machines or people working in there & the pigeon are gone ........miles away......I wouldn't even attempt a day out until the days are warmer & the field stock comfortable, feeding up. A good sign I get is seagulls are in, so pigeons are out..

some days the fields are full of pigeon feasting on clover etc, other days ,there simply nothing although the ground is still good !! some of the larger cattle sheds are full with the pigeon roosting & picking up grain they can find from beat straw.

its a hard time of year, been so cold ,icy & snow etc..all the animals are hungry ,even starving with the recent weather unable to get to the ground especially here in Yorkshire making all twitchy, with animals/ birds etc knowing they are venerable for dinner..I see most areas are twitchy as hell, crows / pigeon will hammer the open ground for clover, muck spread, etc but any machines or people working in there & the pigeon are gone ........miles away......I wouldn't even attempt a day out until the days are warmer & the field stock comfortable, feeding up. A good sign I get is seagulls are in, so pigeons are out..

some days the fields are full of pigeon feasting on clover etc, other days ,there simply nothing although the ground is still good !! some of the larger cattle sheds are full with the pigeon roosting & picking up grain they can find from beat straw.

pritty much sums up around here that mate :thumbs:

even on saturday guns took 3 to 22 pigeons with only few hours out so not so bad, one regular taking 25 to 75 on a regular basis, i think for the sake of £25 a good day if you like to get out in the countryside and dont have time for a full time permission

we all know winter decoying is hard but some good sport is still available anyone who wishes to come have a look around ill happily show you about one gent who shot saturday had no kit and sat on a wood ,then a flight line i picked out after lunch 22 birds think he shot 60 + carts

i dont think you should pay them as all will have to do this eventually. true enough they have done the leg work to get the land but its nothing nobody else can not do. i have air rifle and longnets but still i can get access to land for fox, pigeon etc. i dont see why others cant

i see posts all the time with people begging permision or for a days shoot, personaly i think yer lazy gets and should be door knocking instead of sat on here. it will come if you put in the effort

i dont just offer pigeon shooting infact a small part of the company but very popular all the same ,but if i have a few lads going out makes sense to put out a few more guns so i always offer it out on the forums id never say to a client you will shoot 100s today although somedays theres certainly a good chance , but what you will get from me is put onto birds given as much advice as i can and left to do your thing but if the area drys up ill certainly go out of my way to get you back on the sport