Backing Juve is printing money :boogy:

Bet you never even won enough for yer bus fare the morra ya wee jerk..... :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really need a tune to go with it seeing as none of it f****n rhymes !!! ........Im singing it to the Coronation St tune and it dont quite work

9 in the morning and I don't give them a hope in hell, come 7:30 the night I'll be giving it laldy

Well f**k it in for a penny in for a pound ive just put a few bob on Celtic to qualify.......................66/1   C'MON the BHOYS !!!!...........That how you say it ?

Posted Images

@stiffmiester,obviously a wind up merchant,and anyone who would bring up Republicanism where a footie match is concerned these days has an ulterior axe to grind,the board ain't ravin P.I.R.A supporters. Lennon IMO got his tactics right the whole wat through the tournament,apart from selecting Ambrose in the 1st leg. The attacking game against Juve was the right system,and if applied by a team with a better strike force,they'll open Juve like a tin of beans,he put too much trust in a mediocre strike force,another tactical frailty I guess. But lets not jus knock him cos he lived a few doors from Colly Duffy. Thought Lennies interview after the match was 1st class,maybe abit to honest for some,and I hope he stays cos I believe he will make a great Celtic manager.

• Like 1

Oh well, that'll be that then. Didn't expect anything out of the game to be honest. A small defeat was the best I'd hoped. We had a good run in the cup considering the money the clubs we're rubbing shoulders with have spent. You need a whole lot of luck when your competing with these teams, ours ran out against juventus. Against spartak and Barcelona we had fewer chances but took them. Just the way the cookie crumbles. Foster looked wanting again, he's lost his form since his injury. Just when we finally had a keeper we could rely on since Borac. Wee Lennon has done a terrific job getting us this far. For a young manager, first job in management, his cv is looking rather good. Still not the finished article but considering what he's been through in his short managerial career with death threats, getting attacked in a dug out by a hearts fan, the guy has nerves of steel. Hopefully we can go on and win the double now and finish what has been a great season on a high.

Agree with all you've said there baw,against Juve the class up front was jus one of a couple of factors that made the difference over the two legs,they took whatever chances came there way and we didn't. Like I said before I think the Ambrose selection was an error but as you say Lennon's a young manager who is improving all the time despite the distraction in his personal life,speaks volumes of the guys character. Where gonna loose a few of our best players and it's gonna mean rebuilding for next year,nothing new there,but id bet Celtic knew that a long time back and the scouts have been busy all season looking for replacements. It was a great run an i jus hope were here talking about them this time next year. C'mon you boys in green.

• Like 1

Until we get a decent solid defence we can forget about mixing with the big guys. We have never had a solid defence since Big Johan, Bobo and Valharren called it a day. Even then we had a useless keeper!! Seville.... :cray: Get a solid, quick ball winning centre half and we would cut out so mnay goals. We have always been a team who have manged to bring talent in all parts of the pitch but the defence has been the let down for years now and it never seems to get addressed....or maybe it is but just bad judgement?

Thanks for explaining the game to me last night lab just one more thing i was told to ask you whats the offside rule ? :blink: .

You told me you liked 'egg chasing' so i'm not wasting my time........... :laugh:

Until we get a decent solid defence we can forget about mixing with the big guys. We have never had a solid defence since Big Johan, Bobo and Valharren called it a day. Even then we had a useless keeper!! Seville.... :cray: Get a solid, quick ball winning centre half and we would cut out so mnay goals. We have always been a team who have manged to bring talent in all parts of the pitch but the defence has been the let down for years now and it never seems to get addressed....or maybe it is but just bad judgement?

Agree to an extent lab but I think it's a product of the league we play in. We rarely need top class defenders in the SPL. Out of the players you mentioned, probably only mjalby I'd class as top drawer. Joos was ok but he was best at running forward like Agathe. Bobo cost us the UEFA cup with his no thrills style IMO. When the transfer market is over and the dust settles, Kayal and iziguira need to find the form they had when they came. Both class players. Ambrose, I don't know what he thinks he is. Missing the team bus going to training before a big match like that, one in which he had to make amends. No wonder Lennon left him on the bench. He's a good player but he better not start that pish. Stokes will replace hooper, young Watt will come to the fore. No I think the futures bright...... The futures green n white ;)

Agree to an extent lab but I think it's a product of the league we play in. We rarely need top class defenders in the SPL.

I was just going to ask that question baw, do you think the league you play in affects the quality of player needed. Though if your going to be in the CL on a regular basis then Lennon should buy to cover that. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Agree to an extent lab but I think it's a product of the league we play in. We rarely need top class defenders in the SPL. Out of the players you mentioned, probably only mjalby I'd class as top drawer. Joos was ok but he was best at running forward like Agathe. Bobo cost us the UEFA cup with his no thrills style IMO. When the transfer market is over and the dust settles, Kayal and iziguira need to find the form they had when they came. Both class players. Ambrose, I don't know what he thinks he is. Missing the team bus going to training before a big match like that, one in which he had to make amends. No wonder Lennon left him on the bench. He's a good player but he better not start that pish. Stokes will replace hooper, young Watt will come to the fore. No I think the futures bright...... The futures green n white ;)

Nope i dont blame Bobo mate....you knew what you were getting with the big man. Balls in the box was like taking candy from a baby, ball at his feet was a different story like.... :icon_eek: The amount of goals we have lost by defenders getting pushed about is unreal......never would happen if the big man was at the back. Yes he dived in in Seville and paid the price......it was extra time and a blatant foul before he ran up the park anyway.. :censored:

Both Izzy and Kayal seem to be these type of players that go backwards after injury.......Izzy wont take a man on and Kayal looks slow as f**k.....2nd touch a tackle kinda guy now. Were gonna miss Hooper and Wanyama thats a defo...........I bet you right now we start buying strikers and mid-fielders before we get the defence sorted!!!... :yes::censored:

Agree to an extent lab but I think it's a product of the league we play in. We rarely need top class defenders in the SPL.

I was just going to ask that question baw, do you think the league you play in affects the quality of player needed. Though if your going to be in the CL on a regular basis then Lennon should buy to cover that. :thumbs:

The way i see it when your looking for a player you dont look at a price tag.......i'd want a player who can control the ball, play with 'both feet', quick and doesn't panic whether its a Barca player running at you or a Rangers player( :angel::whistling: )....... :thumbs:

It does effect it mate. We basically play with 2 defenders and 2 running back wingers who spend more time forward than not. That's how Kevin Wilson, Mathews get found out of position in Europe. It's nothing new mate, celtic prides themself on attacking football, its the only way we know how to play. That's how it was even more remarkable we managed to defend for so long against Barca. We are in Europe most years mate, its the only carrot we have to attract players, get them on the shop window. If Celtic went out and spent £10 million on 1 player and he was a defender, the fans would riot lol. No I think we will be fine in defense. We missed scot brown badly last night. That bhoy is an unsung hero, he really puts in a shift and does the dirty work while making Wanyama look good ;)

It does effect it mate. We basically play with 2 defenders and 2 running back wingers who spend more time forward than not. That's how Kevin Wilson, Mathews get found out of position in Europe. It's nothing new mate, celtic prides themself on attacking football, its the only way we know how to play. That's how it was even more remarkable we managed to defend for so long against Barca. We are in Europe most years mate, its the only carrot we have to attract players, get them on the shop window. If Celtic went out and spent £10 million on 1 player and he was a defender, the fans would riot lol. No I think we will be fine in defense. We missed scot brown badly last night. That bhoy is an unsung hero, he really puts in a shift and does the dirty work while making Wanyama look good ;)

:icon_eek: ...."hero".............headless chicken. If he didnt have an engine like he did he'd be pish. Gives the ball away far to much for me in Europe......Wanyama is twice the player Broony is. And he is far from a "Bhoy".... :yes:

The way i see it when your looking for a player you dont look at a price tag.......i'd want a player who can control the ball, play with 'both feet', quick and doesn't panic whether its a Barca player running at you or a Rangers player( :angel::whistling: )....... :thumbs:

Yeh mate you've got to buy players that suit your style of play and its just a pity that the league you play in dosen't attract players like the Premier League does......sometimes sucsess outside your nations league has a price and maybe the style Celtic play might have to change to compete in Europe.