Buck 1X Gsd X Grey 6 Month Old

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck me bunnys,,, stop adding your answers direct to the end of the other post,,, I'm struggling to find where your start ...lol

Few lads asked me how young Buck was coming on, so few pics from the garden today.He was 24in about month ago, Bryn 25in dont think there is much between them now.Buck field craft is brill ,goes over

yes the dog was spider a first x gsd x g best dog i ever had got in a lot of trouble with him but if i had the chance and was young i would do it all again.do or die.thedog i lost had just been on a h

he will defenitely be a good all round dog due to the combining of both breeds . i had one called charlie gsd x cxg xdg people used to say look at that tank ha ha .i thought litle do those fools know the battery would go flat before he did. never ever blew up never ever got cut on fences never ever cut his pads .found countless pheashants nests fresh eggs yum yum .would go into big blackberry bushes pushing out any thing rabitts pre ban deer pheashants foxes .never ever gave up on anything.was only 24 at the shoulder but would fight any dog who tried it on .i have known him to chase a hare for miles and caught it beagle style because he did not have hare speed.crossed him to a greyhound and he produced a bitch called rosie killed countless fallow preban.those who take the piss do not understand .if you have a lurcher which is very greyhoundy if it has no stamina or hardly any brains and is of greyhoundy construction it will not work cover or be very clever so if it lacks stamina and brains and tears easily it is just a useless ornameant.the gsd xg is a very versatile dog capable of multi tasking.and if you are lucky enough to get one as i did spider who was fast enough for good hares you have hit the jackpot

That red bit is a brave statement to say the least,Plenty of whippets that will go through cover better than a terrier.

Then you go on to say when crossed back to grey you hit the jackpot,With running dogs speed kills,Finding the right balance is the hard bit.

Its easy to lamp and catch bouncers you can do it with a collie,Ive seen dogs you struggle not to take the light of the rabbit to see where the dog is :laugh: Catches plenty if thats your thing.

But the same dog in the day time out mooching,Ok if you have game rich land but if you have to put the miles in you need a dog than can make a half chance into a chance,It can only do that with pace.A dog hunting somthing for miles is only going to get you in trouble.

I agree with the bit you've highlighted in red, we've got a bitch at the moment who's very greyhoundy, but WILL go through some very thick cover/brambles. Also seen more than a few pure greyhounds do the same. And not all lurchers, however they're bred, will enter cover :thumbs:

Should've said I agree with what weasle said about the bit that's highlighted in red! Plenty of greyhounds and greyhoundy lurchers will enter very thick cover and brambles, and are nowhere as brainless as people make them out to be, oh yeah, and many of them also have very good stamina and great feet. :yes:

black greyhound , i feel we have a mutual admiration for the xs alsation type , what i would say ifeellots what you ay is correct . But on the other hand there be lots of other xs out there that perform very well in most situations and work cover as good as any . this xs we talk of is very good and much as bird says the reason he aquired is was to have more power than the collie xs plus abit fire guarding instinct , i also feel and will say hand on heart there will be betta got from the xs bred on to other types or breeds , my ideal would be a good giuarding type with either the deerhound or saluki for edible , aline bred bullxs for a bit of everything back to a good un , i have one here and seen a few like most if not all they will have there failings , this meaning luck can play a big part at times , when theee walk down that path only the lord knows what thy carrying . atb bunnys.

Going back to the 80s didnt Hancock breed a litter of GSD/ Greys from his then guard dog?I Remember seeing this gsd in his yard in 1987. Didnt hear nothing of the litter though. A big powerful looking animal.

Edited by darbo

Going back to the 80s didnt Hancock breed a litter of GSD/ Greys from his then guard dog?I Remember seeing this gsd in his yard in 1987. Didnt hear nothing of the litter though. A big powerful looking animal.

A noted Deer poacher wanted Hancock to rear the Litter for him According to Plummer

A noted Deer poacher wanted Hancock to rear the Litter for him According to Plummer

Back in the 80s there was a number of letters in the shootings news about the upcoming litter but i never heard anything more about the results from it.

Few lads asked me how young Buck was coming on, so few pics from the garden today.He was 24in about month ago, Bryn 25in dont think there is much between them now.Buck field craft is brill ,goes over any fence+gate, goes in cover,good with sheep, ok with water but like Bryn onlygoes in if as to lol. Had few probs with Buck 6 weeks ago, he had bonded to Bryn , as they were in same kennel since i had Buck.So in there own kennels+ run, and i have a 1 to 1 with Buck every day now. take them together 1st for a hour, then a hour with me+ him, and its worked great he is 100% better with me now. :thumbup:

P1010075_zps50241907.jpg

P1010074_zps06fd18e4.jpg

P1010072_zps0b074590.jpg

Bryn beat him up again lol

P1010071_zps7cbaf4da.jpg

P1010068_zpsa069f8a8.jpg

i like this one

P1010067_zps9eb1c24c.jpg

Cracking looking pup,

What is the longevity of these crosses like?

Do the German Shepherds hip problems give these crosses issue's as they get older?

Few lads asked me how young Buck was coming on, so few pics from the garden today.He was 24in about month ago, Bryn 25in dont think there is much between them now.Buck field craft is brill ,goes over any fence+gate, goes in cover,good with sheep, ok with water but like Bryn onlygoes in if as to lol. Had few probs with Buck 6 weeks ago, he had bonded to Bryn , as they were in same kennel since i had Buck.So in there own kennels+ run, and i have a 1 to 1 with Buck every day now. take them together 1st for a hour, then a hour with me+ him, and its worked great he is 100% better with me now. :thumbup:

P1010075_zps50241907.jpg

P1010074_zps06fd18e4.jpg

P1010072_zps0b074590.jpg

Bryn beat him up again lol

P1010071_zps7cbaf4da.jpg

P1010068_zpsa069f8a8.jpg

i like this one

P1010067_zps9eb1c24c.jpg

Cracking looking pup,

What is the longevity of these crosses like?

Do the German Shepherds hip problems give these crosses issue's as they get older?

thanks mate, being a 1x you should get very few health probs at all. The pup dam is a very well bred gsd from working import lines, with nice straight back+ good hips, and sire Razzmatazz very well bred distance greyhoud, so you got very good healthy parents, so you in with a fighting chance of having a healthy pup. But i did ask my vet, who does the greyhounds at the W-ton track so knows his running dogs.He said i should have 100% better hips than a pure gsd, not saying i wont get hip probs, ? but dont think be as bad as pure. With age thing, if he dont get to hurt working to much, could make 12-14 maybe,? but long long way to go with him,as he is only a young pup. :thumbs:

i had two out of hancocks gsd x g one was a fawn bitch 25 ins good on rabitts very stong good stamina but was never put on a hare my brother owned her. i had a dog pup lost him 10 months old fawn dog 27 inch courseing hares at a stately home got chased by the game keepers and the police had to leg it .he was only ten months old i often wonder how fast he would have been

i had two out of hancocks gsd x g one was a fawn bitch 25 ins good on rabitts very stong good stamina but was never put on a hare my brother owned her. i had a dog pup lost him 10 months old fawn dog 27 inch courseing hares at a stately home got chased by the game keepers and the police had to leg it .he was only ten months old i often wonder how fast he would have been

I seem to remember there was a pic of the gsd first crosses that he bred in one of hancocks books if my memory serves me right. Atb

Was the dog you spoke early on back in the thread spider a first cross gsd/ grey if you dont mind me asking. the only experience i have of the cross is watching a dog that was 3/4 grey 1/4 deerhound x 1/2 gsd 1/2 grey back in the mid to late 80s a consistant hare killer thats all he was run on to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by darbo