Nimrod Attacks Fox Lampers

Charlie do you completely disagree with diversionary feeding then and could you perhaps suggest a viable alternative also what conclusion would/did you draw from the langholm project.

No I do not disagree with diversionary feeding if it serves a purpose,and the conclusion I draw from langholm, is that effective predator control,combined with(in this instance,diversionary feeding)can help to regenerate what was almost a barren moor,however,the origins of this thread seem to have been lost,and that is that mr nimrod should not be slating another field sport,becouse he is full of spite due to his own sport being taken away,as I stated in my very first reply, the man is a deerstalker,and unless he is practicing another form of the sport very different to my own stalking,he will be using a cf rifle,much the same as your fox lampers will,so I think he is a bloody hypocrite,who should stop spouting nonsense and fuelling the fire for every millitant anti tosser that happens to read countrymans weekly,that is the crux of the matter,not a discussion about sticking white rats on sticks for hen harriers to eat.
  • Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DanW pretty much summed up how I feel about this and time and time again I've clashed with these Warrener wannabe types on here (Riflemen and dogmen). I haven't read the article so can't comment on Ni

I stopped reading that rag when they gave space to poacher watch

But for some it is a new sport they watch a few dvd read a couple of the shooting comics and think there the f***ing warrener fact is plenty of land don't need fox control at all yet they still feel t

Posted Images

That is your opinion,and you are entitled to it,however it is not one I share,thankfully.Good hunting.

What do you mean by "thankfully".....what are you saying about folk that do decide shoot things and leave them in the hope that vermin wont target there investment? Ive a funny feeling your a stubborn one and although its been pointed out to you that your views are wrong by a few members now that feeding vermin 'does' go on around the country and its not seen as "just leaving dead game lying" around!!!

It has been pointed out to me has it,dont you think that is rather arrogant of you?if people wish to put foreward their OPINIONS,that is fine,but at the end of the day that is what they are,OPINIONS,and my opinion is that I am now getting rather tired of how far off track this thread has gone,but as before good hunting chaps,however you may practice it :thumbs:

Why worry what nimrod has to say for those that can remember the CA commissioned an entire report and presented it to the government explaining why shooting is the cruelist form of vermin control.

Now what where you saying about united we stand

This Nimrod fella is out of order to go doing that in any publication.

On the other topic this seems to have morphed into - the only time charlie would catch any slack from me is the brief window when cubs are likely to be dependant on the vixen. Having said that I wouldn't think twice shooting the cubs on top of the earth. The rest of the year i'd shoot them on sight and aim to keep them down. I don't see anything wrong with this, even where they aren't a threat to livestock - arable land, golf course etc - wherever... they're vermin and others will always fill the vaccume. The issue of 'Respect' seems to be banded around a lot by those that resent their sport being taken by someone else, thats not respect, its envy.

The real issue of respect comes after the event. Always follow up wounded, always use edible quarry where possible and considerately dispose of anything else. People with lower standards pollute both sides and ignorance is no excuse.

And there's the bit I just don't get you see nothing wrong with killing an animal on ground where it isn't a pest just to keep numbers down??

To me its as bad as those that believe smacking the odd fox will somehow save ground nesting birds they then fail to address any other predator or make environmental change.

I guess there will always be those of us that see the bigger picture and there will always be those who just can't or won't.

Great statement, well said.

Iv heard a lot of sport being mentioned.

Leveller goes on to say that the wannabes have no right to be out because its not a form of pest control, its just seeing what can be had. But in next breath you say the riflemen ruin your sport? So which is it you do it for? For pest control or sport? Because the people out "seeing what can be had" is just same as "sport"..totally different to actual pest control if you ask me, and I'm sure you would all agree.

Leveller goes on to say that the wannabes have no right to be out because its not a form of pest control, its just seeing what can be had. But in next breath you say the riflemen ruin your sport? So which is it you do it for? For pest control or sport? Because the people out "seeing what can be had" is just same as "sport"..totally different to actual pest control if you ask me, and I'm sure you would all agree.

If we are honest,dont we all combine the two?If I was a keeper, going out on a night to shoot foxes,I would still enjoy the sport,as a pose to lets say the man setting off for his night shift at a warehouse for instance.

If we are honest,dont we all combine the two?If I was a keeper, going out on a night to shoot foxes,I would still enjoy the sport,as a pose to lets say the man setting off for his night shift at a warehouse for instance.

I can guarantee if you where a keeper you would soon find foxing a chore when you have to instead of want to go out it just don't hold the same appeal especially after putting in dawn till dusk 7 days a week chasing f***ing pheasants

Edited by danw
  • Like 3

I can see your point,but I would still rather get paid for foxing than a lot of other jobs I can think of :thumbs:

I know what your saying..but he shouldnt be saying he's out for doing pure pest control with the hounds when he is saying its sport in the same comment.

I can see your point,but I would still rather get paid for foxing than a lot of other jobs I can think of :thumbs:

Aye I never thought of it like that,

funny thing is I now get more satisfaction and enjoyment from providing the sport on a shoot day than I ever have from using a gun though that could just be cause I'm getting older lol

Guest Leveller

I do it for a living, for pest control, for sport, for conservation, for the love of hounds, for the working terrier and because it's my way of life almost every decision I make in life is biased by hunting. As I stated before I have no problem with fox control of any means and no problem with Keepers/Farmers etc looking after their livelihoods it's just the pointless killing that slightly annoys me

I do it for a living, for pest control, for sport, for conservation, for the love of hounds, for the working terrier and because it's my way of life almost every decision I make in life is biased by hunting. As I stated before I have no problem with fox control of any means and no problem with Keepers/Farmers etc looking after their livelihoods it's just the pointless killing that slightly annoys me

fair one. i know exactly the type you mean, the "my dog iz 'ard" brigade lol

funny thing is I now get more satisfaction and enjoyment from providing the sport on a shoot day than I ever have from using a gun though that could just be cause I'm getting older lol

You may just have a point there mate.

its definetly an age thing mate :laugh: trust me :laugh: :laugh:

its definetly an age thing mate :laugh: trust me :laugh: :laugh:

Speak for yourselves.... :D Ive been feeling that way for a while now. I get much more pleasure from working the dogs than i do actually shooting. Dont think i will ever give it up though. On sat i'm off to an estate to see if we can bag a few foxes, more of a 'helping a mate out' sort of thing. Hope its not weather like this!!!