Not Good Publicity, Hounds Make A Kill On Busy Road.

This them & us f***ing stinks... We have a rebel pack hunting one of our better meets in our country on Sunday, il be going out to support them, to have a nose at there hounds working, and truly hope they have a busy day, they've got permission, the landowners had the courtesy to let us know they were coming so who are we to knock them for doing a bit of control??

Ali,just incase you couldn't see anything from your perch....Weather was abloute sh*** ,Whiteout at times..Scent was piss poor,but Hounds still managed a Good Mark. :yes:

post-85337-0-29027300-1363099633.jpg

:thumbs: Hope you have a good season next year ,down South ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say they mistook a hound for the said fox & are pictured saving the tax payer money by eating a bit of road kill, saves the council cleaning it up ??

No matter how many lads u have out with you and not just lads who come out now n again I mean lads who have grown up with hounds accidents can still happen!

you silly fu--ing man where do you think the rebel packs came from,its because of the quarreling between the hunt thats caused it ,masters shaging the field followers,huntsman shaging the masters ,non

Posted Images

This them & us f***ing stinks... We have a rebel pack hunting one of our better meets in our country on Sunday, il be going out to support them, to have a nose at there hounds working, and truly hope they have a busy day, they've got permission, the landowners had the courtesy to let us know they were coming so who are we to knock them for doing a bit of control??

Ali,just incase you couldn't see anything from your perch....Weather was abloute sh*** ,Whiteout at times..Scent was piss poor,but Hounds still managed a Good Mark. :yes:

attachicon.gifcold 1 008.JPG

:thumbs: Hope you have a good season next year ,down South ;)

Hahaha was that in a rangey spot on a long bank above a grass field?? One was rather ill from attending the toffs hunt ball on the saturday, lol.

Yeah fingers crossed mate, be nice to get south of the border :-) back into gods country lol

Just out of interest, what hounds are they? Can't really make it out from the bus window picture. Harriers? Fox hounds. Don't look like beagles anyway. And about four couple by the looks of things.

Country beyond the road looks fairly soft. I'd have thought you'd struggle to keep up if you were hunting harriers or foxhounds on foot in country like that, and, well, if you haven't got at least a sporting chance of getting up front and stopping them, then accidents will happen, won't they? Maybe downsize to something smaller?

Just out of interest, what hounds are they? Can't really make it out from the bus window picture. Harriers? Fox hounds. Don't look like beagles anyway. And about four couple by the looks of things.

Country beyond the road looks fairly soft. I'd have thought you'd struggle to keep up if you were hunting harriers or foxhounds on foot in country like that, and, well, if you haven't got at least a sporting chance of getting up front and stopping them, then accidents will happen, won't they? Maybe downsize to something smaller?

what you mean like, teckels or beagle X's ?

Regular beagles should do the job, so long as someone involved is pretty fit and a good runner! I've no interest in getting into the kind of blaming and tribalism back up the thread, and as far as I'm concerned people are entirely free to do things in whatever style they want. Hunt rabbits on foot with a pack of staghounds if that's what floats your boat.

But seriously though, personally, if I was hunting on foot (and I mean really hunting cross-country, not just doing that stuff with shotguns and lurchers) in fairly soft, open country, with roads and people in it, I would want to know that if they really go on a traveller in a direction I don't want them to go, someone would have a chance of getting up front and stopping them, especially in this day and age. Of course, on a screaming scent and a straight line beagles could still get away from you, but with foxhounds or harriers it'd be a worry every time you went out, surely...

• Like 1

Regular beagles should do the job, so long as someone involved is pretty fit and a good runner! I've no interest in getting into the kind of blaming and tribalism back up the thread, and as far as I'm concerned people are entirely free to do things in whatever style they want. Hunt rabbits on foot with a pack of staghounds if that's what floats your boat.

But seriously though, personally, if I was hunting on foot (and I mean really hunting cross-country, not just doing that stuff with shotguns and lurchers) in fairly soft, open country, with roads and people in it, I would want to know that if they really go on a traveller in a direction I don't want them to go, someone would have a chance of getting up front and stopping them, especially in this day and age. Of course, on a screaming scent and a straight line beagles could still get away from you, but with foxhounds or harriers it'd be a worry every time you went out, surely...

i take your point (well made) , sensible thoughts,