Not Good Publicity, Hounds Make A Kill On Busy Road.

I know im gonna take heat for saying this but im gonna say it anyway, this is the kinda shit that gets everybody in bother, if you're running hounds then you need to be with them, never mind of the hounds catching or not catching a fox, the hounds should not have been all over a busy road, theres no excuse for it, if you're a foot pack put GPS collars on, then so you know exsactly where the hounds are, and have lads in trucks watching roads, typical F$ckin redneck yahoo's bolloxing it up for everyone else, if you dont have the help then dont go out !!!!!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say they mistook a hound for the said fox & are pictured saving the tax payer money by eating a bit of road kill, saves the council cleaning it up ??

No matter how many lads u have out with you and not just lads who come out now n again I mean lads who have grown up with hounds accidents can still happen!

you silly fu--ing man where do you think the rebel packs came from,its because of the quarreling between the hunt thats caused it ,masters shaging the field followers,huntsman shaging the masters ,non

Posted Images

I know im gonna take heat for saying this but im gonna say it anyway, this is the kinda shit that gets everybody in bother, if you're running hounds then you need to be with them, never mind of the hounds catching or not catching a fox, the hounds should not have been all over a busy road, theres no excuse for it, if you're a foot pack put GPS collars on, then so you know exsactly where the hounds are, and have lads in trucks watching roads, typical F$ckin redneck yahoo's bolloxing it up for everyone else, if you dont have the help then dont go out !!!!!!!

take your point but how much ground do you have to hunt, i would expect it be a lot more than we have to go at in the UK, and a lot less congested.

• Like 1

take your point but how much ground do you have to hunt, i would expect it be a lot more than we have to go at in the UK, and a lot less congested.

never mind about your gps collars or the boys in the the trucks ,they would'nt of got in front of this pack ,on the day ,where they were hunting,which they have hunted over the same ground for 25 years without any problem,SHIT HAPPENS,are you trying to say nothing like this has happened to you ,or any other mounted pack ,old dog old head

• Like 3

never mind about your gps collars or the boys in the the trucks ,they would'nt of got in front of this pack ,on the day ,where they were hunting,which they have hunted over the same ground for 25 years without any problem,SHIT HAPPENS,are you trying to say nothing like this has happened to you ,or any other mounted pack ,old dog old head

and a few greys hairs to prove it :tongue2:

• Like 1

this is the trouble in wales foxes can be found everywhere and we have to leave hounds off their leads its a bloody pain in the arse

how often do you hunt close to urban areas/towns, to say theres no excuse is wrong ,how would gps help,a road is still a road,traffic is a huge concern for alot of packs but lads try there best with land they got, do you hunt hounds,people in glass houses should not throw stones :thumbs:

• Like 2

i dont think it matters how well you know your pack and the country, if they decide to go, thats it,you may have a job to stay with them,no matter who you are,many good huntsman have come to grief, you just never know what will happen, no two hunting days are the same, accidents do happen,all you can do is be as vigilant as poss,not just with hounds,running dogs and terriers,i have hunted hounds and whipped in, if you have no access to land they cross you be fooked, if you cant get in front of them same, hounds in killing cry are hard to stop, i just hope all is well with these lads,dd.

• Like 2

I totaly agree that it can be very difficult to control one dog, let alone a pack when their bloods up but which ever way you look at it, incidents like this are totally unnacceptable because for one they can cause knee jerk reactions that lead to knee jerk legislation! For seconds a group of hounds have gone on to a busy road, one may have been hit and they could have potentially caused a serious road traffic accident that could have caused injury or worse! For this to be defended in the way it has by some makes knee jerk legislation all the more likely, because it makes us seem irresponsible. In my opinion allowing ones dog or dogs to run around on a highway, whatever the reason, can not be sensibly defended.

• Like 1

i would imagine there are far more accidents involving horses, livestock, cyclists, pet dogs and pedestrians over the course of a year, there's an element of risk to anything.

you'd never leave the house if you thought too much about it. by all means do your best to avoid risk but you can never eliminate it when excercising working dogs.

• Like 2

i would imagine there are far more accidents involving horses, livestock, cyclists, pet dogs and pedestrians over the course of a year, there's an element of risk to anything.

you'd never leave the house if you thought too much about it. by all means do your best to avoid risk but you can never eliminate it when excercising working dogs.

spot on ;) more pet owners dogs /strays cause far more accidents and they have no insurance cover :yes: unlike packs of hounds,

I totaly agree that it can be very difficult to control one dog, let alone a pack when their bloods up but which ever way you look at it, incidents like this are totally unnacceptable because for one they can cause knee jerk reactions that lead to knee jerk legislation! For seconds a group of hounds have gone on to a busy road, one may have been hit and they could have potentially caused a serious road traffic accident that could have caused injury or worse! For this to be defended in the way it has by some makes knee jerk legislation all the more likely, because it makes us seem irresponsible. In my opinion allowing ones dog or dogs to run around on a highway, whatever the reason, can not be sensibly defended.

Well as has already been said, accidents can happen to anyone & if this is a concern for you I suggest you give up hunting. I imagine you'd be the first to leg it if it came on top......folk like you are not needed, maybe we should look at using border collies instead of hounds, I doubt the results would be the best but I reckon the obedience side would be second to none

Well as has already been said, accidents can happen to anyone & if this is a concern for you I suggest you give up hunting. I imagine you'd be the first to leg it if it came on top......folk like you are not needed, maybe we should look at using border collies instead of hounds, I doubt the results would be the best but I reckon the obedience side would be second to none

Haha border collie's might cast out alittle too far for him!!!