Not Good Publicity, Hounds Make A Kill On Busy Road.

I know im gonna take heat for saying this but im gonna say it anyway, this is the kinda shit that gets everybody in bother, if you're running hounds then you need to be with them, never mind of the hounds catching or not catching a fox, the hounds should not have been all over a busy road, theres no excuse for it, if you're a foot pack put GPS collars on, then so you know exsactly where the hounds are, and have lads in trucks watching roads, typical F$ckin redneck yahoo's bolloxing it up for everyone else, if you dont have the help then dont go out !!!!!!!

how often do you hunt close to urban areas/towns, to say theres no excuse is wrong ,how would gps help,a road is still a road,traffic is a huge concern for alot of packs but lads try there best with land they got, do you hunt hounds,people in glass houses should not throw stones :thumbs:

Yes I do hunt hounds and have done for the last 13 years and 20 years in hunt service, we hunt close enough to villages etc, but we make sure any danger spots are covered, foxes on the whole run in the same directions generation after generation, most of the time you've a fair idea where he's( the fox) headed for, therefore if there's a village or rd in the direction he's headed you make sure someone's there to either stop traffic responsibly or give the fox a turn or if all else fails stop the hounds.

I don't know anyone that would say catching a fox is worth potentially causing a massive multi car pile up,killing, and hurting people, if your justification is "shit happens " then you're a Morron,

I have a radio, my two whipper-ins have radios and a least two people in trucks have radios, if I'm not with the hounds and I can't hear or see them, then one of the lads pulls it up on the tracking system,

Now if something f@cks up now then at least I can say to myself I've done everything I possibly can to avoid something going wrong.

Hunting has a bad enough rep, without people not keeping their eye on the ball, at the end of the day no one was hurt, it could've been a lot worse but there's probably 50 people that now hate hunting and hunters

Those lads that were hunting that day dropped the bollock, end of.

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say they mistook a hound for the said fox & are pictured saving the tax payer money by eating a bit of road kill, saves the council cleaning it up ??

No matter how many lads u have out with you and not just lads who come out now n again I mean lads who have grown up with hounds accidents can still happen!

you silly fu--ing man where do you think the rebel packs came from,its because of the quarreling between the hunt thats caused it ,masters shaging the field followers,huntsman shaging the masters ,non

Posted Images

The problem with hounds is just that....they're hounds! They ain't your average dog and they don't act like your average dog.

Sometimes things happen and it's not always black and white as to the whys and wherefores. All you can do is to try and keep such instances down to a minimum, nothing else.

• Like 3

I totaly agree that it can be very difficult to control one dog, let alone a pack when their bloods up but which ever way you look at it, incidents like this are totally unnacceptable because for one they can cause knee jerk reactions that lead to knee jerk legislation! For seconds a group of hounds have gone on to a busy road, one may have been hit and they could have potentially caused a serious road traffic accident that could have caused injury or worse! For this to be defended in the way it has by some makes knee jerk legislation all the more likely, because it makes us seem irresponsible. In my opinion allowing ones dog or dogs to run around on a highway, whatever the reason, can not be sensibly defended.

Well as has already been said, accidents can happen to anyone & if this is a concern for you I suggest you give up hunting. I imagine you'd be the first to leg it if it came on top......folk like you are not needed, maybe we should look at using border collies instead of hounds, I doubt the results would be the best but I reckon the obedience side would be second to none

If an accident happened to me because of my hunting, then fair enough, but if I caused an accident that wiped out an entire family due to a car crash, then your right, i would give it up!

Coyotehunter

With you been in hunt service, then you should also know that at this time of year there are dog foxes coming in from all over for a vixen , and yr right in what you say a lot of the time foxes run the same way, but you drop on a dog that has come in he's going to head straight for home and if that means across a road or railway then that's where he going!!

ATB

• Like 2

As wheaton has put it ,thats what happened the meet was actually 6 miles away from where the accident was,they have had a meet there for over 30 years without any problem's,as for radio's every member out that day had one,the problem is the hounds went in a straight line,the vehicles could'nt with all the lanes that cover the country it was a round trip of nearly 20 miles,three times the distance,hounds are going to win everytime,as for winding up one anti on a bus,yes it was a foot pack,but it's the mounted packs and they're antic's that's put us in the predicament we are in with the anti's over the years,

• Like 1

I know im gonna take heat for saying this but im gonna say it anyway, this is the kinda shit that gets everybody in bother, if you're running hounds then you need to be with them, never mind of the hounds catching or not catching a fox, the hounds should not have been all over a busy road, theres no excuse for it, if you're a foot pack put GPS collars on, then so you know exsactly where the hounds are, and have lads in trucks watching roads, typical F$ckin redneck yahoo's bolloxing it up for everyone else, if you dont have the help then dont go out !!!!!!!

how often do you hunt close to urban areas/towns, to say theres no excuse is wrong ,how would gps help,a road is still a road,traffic is a huge concern for alot of packs but lads try there best with land they got, do you hunt hounds,people in glass houses should not throw stones :thumbs:

Yes I do hunt hounds and have done for the last 13 years and 20 years in hunt service, we hunt close enough to villages etc, but we make sure any danger spots are covered, foxes on the whole run in the same directions generation after generation, most of the time you've a fair idea where he's( the fox) headed for, therefore if there's a village or rd in the direction he's headed you make sure someone's there to either stop traffic responsibly or give the fox a turn or if all else fails stop the hounds.

I don't know anyone that would say catching a fox is worth potentially causing a massive multi car pile up,killing, and hurting people, if your justification is "shit happens " then you're a Morron,

I have a radio, my two whipper-ins have radios and a least two people in trucks have radios, if I'm not with the hounds and I can't hear or see them, then one of the lads pulls it up on the tracking system,

Now if something f@cks up now then at least I can say to myself I've done everything I possibly can to avoid something going wrong.

Hunting has a bad enough rep, without people not keeping their eye on the ball, at the end of the day no one was hurt, it could've been a lot worse but there's probably 50 people that now hate hunting and hunters

20 years in hunt service and no slip ups, i take my hat off to you and yours, we could all learn alot from you :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

• Like 2

As wheaton has put it ,thats what happened the meet was actually 6 miles away from where the accident was,they have had a meet there for over 30 years without any problem's,as for radio's every member out that day had one,the problem is the hounds went in a straight line,the vehicles could'nt with all the lanes that cover the country it was a round trip of nearly 20 miles,three times the distance,hounds are going to win everytime,as for winding up one anti on a bus,yes it was a foot pack,but it's the mounted packs and they're antic's that's put us in the predicament we are in with the anti's over the years,

:thumbs: wheaton said what i was thinking ,but i can be more abrubt,i am a bit thick atb.

i think this is the nail on the head ............when they find they can travel fast across country that would take you a long way/time around to the road there heading for ..........

and in some places its a nightmare as taking roads in some places makes double the time than a hound straight lineing across country.....

The problem with hounds is just that....they're hounds! They ain't your average dog and they don't act like your average dog.

Sometimes things happen and it's not always black and white as to the whys and wherefores. All you can do is to try and keep such instances down to a minimum, nothing else.

the voice of reason,correct mr Darcy,no point winding the job up after the event,we are all glad no one was hurt,ect.but its not always black and white .

coyote hunter it is not my agender to have a slagging match ,we should all be singing from same sheet,but negative comments after the event help no one,especialy the lads involved ,atb.

Mine neither, i just hope the hound that got hit is ok :thumbs:

• Like 1

were did i state shit happens,my comment about glass houses was trying to state that god forbid you could end up in a simular situation,as could any pack of hounds,no fox is worth hurting someone that goes without saying ,if you want to abuse me further,morron ect feel free to pm,i might enjoy it.