Laser Range Finders With Horizontal & Total Distance To Target?

Hi guys I've been looking into getting a laser range finder and am wanting to get one that shows the horizontal distance to the target for when aiming at a target above or below me.

Does anyone know if this is what the 'beeline' reading is on the Hawke 600 Pro?

I know that the Leupold rangefinders offer their True Ballistics Range but I'm hoping not to have to go to that sort of money.

Does anyone know of any other well priced versions that offer this function?

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. I ended up ringing Deben Hawke directly about the beeline feature on their LRF 600 Pro range finder and was told that this doesn't tell me horizontal distance to the target. I did like this product though because it is sold as waterproof and I like the solar charging feature. I also want to be able to switch between meters and yards. (which was the only thing stopping me buying the Tasco one)

I managed to get a new one off a seller on the well know auction site for £139.95 including postage. It should be here tomorrow all being well.

I hunted around trying to get a Leupold, but the cheapest one with their True Ballistics Range feature was well out of my price range.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, just an update to let you know that the 'beeline' feature on the Hawke 600 Pro does give the horizontal distance to a target!

When you look through the scope the first mode is straightline distance. Press the mode button and it switches to Beeline mode, press it again and it gives angle to target, and then again to give the height difference between you and your target.

Pity the guys in Hawke don't realise what that feature is used for by shooters, they almost talked me out of buying it!!

Edited by mournegold