What To Do.

Work for living don't live to work if your secure financially .do you have young kids to feed are you happy with your current job so many questions you have to ask your own self your choice lad prose and cons and all that . Hoor you make the right decision for your self atb Jim

Do your sums.

Is it a better job? Same job, different employer?

Van and fuel is a BIG saving these days, but it's not all about the £££££ You need to be happy in your job.

You spend most of your time at work, so you need to be happy!

That said,

You say 8 Hrs per week extra, I'm assuming you do a 40Hr / Wk job, already?

I currently work a 37 hour week, but do overtime most sat mornings to top up my wages. It will just be a 5 day week with the new job.

The job I have been offered, is working for a drilling company that I have worked for before. They were fine to work for and the job is secure. I left them almost two years ago for a lot less money but more time with the family.

Since bought a new house and although we have been managing, money has been a little tight.

I have worked out that I will be around 240quid better off between the extra pay and not running my own car back and forward to work

I currently work a 37 hour week, but do overtime most sat mornings to top up my wages. It will just be a 5 day week with the new job.

The job I have been offered, is working for a drilling company that I have worked for before. They were fine to work for and the job is secure. I left them almost two years ago for a lot less money but more time with the family.

Since bought a new house and although we have been managing, money has been a little tight.

I have worked out that I will be around 240quid better off between the extra pay and not running my own car back and forward to work

TAKE IT THEN! Extra morning in bed too!

offshore drilling?

I'm not sure I could ever go back offshore/overseas, sick of being away from home etc. I now work from home but on half the money so I end up working twice the days which is pretty bad.

I hate being a slave to money

So - why you asking us????

offshore drilling?

I'm not sure I could ever go back offshore/overseas, sick of being away from home etc. I now work from home but on half the money so I end up working twice the days which is pretty bad.

I hate being a slave to money

I've just been offered an Office job as opposed to the rotation I'm on.

Working twice the time for 1/2 the cash..... :blink:

Fancy being at home for the kids as they are at the stage of questioning why I have to go away, and it's not good.

Like I said before, money's not everything but you can do very little without it!

Time off is the BIG thing for me, This lets me take the kids to the school bus, collect them, and attend some of their activities.....which I couldn't do working

9-5 each day....

20+ years at it tho.........It's hard to get away from it.