Outdoor Kids......

Truly lucky kids you lot have. So good to see that some kids are still being reared in the right way :thumbs: Torchey: those pics are just brilliant: particularly like the one of the lad carrying the ferret with the dog following on close behind.

I got slagged off in the office today....asked what I did last night. Said I took the kids up the top to watch the farmer combining the field...was explaining about crops and supplying food for the country etc....the farmer called us in and the kids got up into the cab on the combine and the tractor........folks in the office were looking at me like ai was mental! Isnt it dangerous? Why? etc etc couldnt get their heads round why it was interesting.....also....never fails to pay off.....I am up there tonight with the .22 to pick off a few crows and maybes a bunnie or 2....

• Like 5

Day at the permission ratting and mooching

IMG_7779_zps127c892d.jpg

IMG_7684_zpsfc1e98aa.jpg

Swimming in the River Ribble

IMG_6990_zps3713c4f0.jpg

IMG_6948_zps55380663.jpg

IMG_6613_zps1e157143.jpg

IMG_7017_zpsec6ca26c.jpg

On our jollies in the lakes

IMG_7288_zps382b423f.jpg

IMG_7065_zpsfb730aaf.jpg

IMG_7590_zps002f2702.jpg

I've got hundreds of them out and about all over the place, they come up on my screensaver when the PC is on. When I watch the pictures I think to myself how lucky they are - not just because so many kids these days sit in front of an xbox for hours at a time and miss out on fun like this, but also because I grew up in a massive city and would've given anything for a childhood like theirs. Outdoor kids are the best kind :D

• Like 3

Day at the permission ratting and mooching

IMG_7779_zps127c892d.jpg

IMG_7684_zpsfc1e98aa.jpg

Swimming in the River Ribble

IMG_6990_zps3713c4f0.jpg

IMG_6948_zps55380663.jpg

IMG_6613_zps1e157143.jpg

IMG_7017_zpsec6ca26c.jpg

On our jollies in the lakes

IMG_7288_zps382b423f.jpg

IMG_7065_zpsfb730aaf.jpg

IMG_7590_zps002f2702.jpg

I've got hundreds of them out and about all over the place, they come up on my screensaver when the PC is on. When I watch the pictures I think to myself how lucky they are - not just because so many kids these days sit in front of an xbox for hours at a time and miss out on fun like this, but also because I grew up in a massive city and would've given anything for a childhood like theirs. Outdoor kids are the best kind :D

Cracking photos... And I share your sentiments whole heartedly... My lad knows more about nature than half the kids who my eldest bring back from school and they're twice his age..

My little girl is only 5 and is already the one for the ferrets, dogs etc... Cleaning out, feeding she's there..

• Like 1

I haven't read the previous eleven pages so I might be repeating something someone has already said:

I don't see why there can't be a divide in time between outdoors and inside.

Technology progresses by the day, kids are at the age where they can absorb incredible amounts of information, so they should be introduced to many technologically advanced computing devices because they will play a bigger part in their futures than they have thus far.

Having said that, I do also believe that children should be active, and actively seeking to exercise/etc. So I would greatly encourage that aspect too. Nothing better than barrelling down a mountain on a piece of cardboard,as we used to do.

It's just about moderation really. Moderate their use of computers/gaming consoles.

I haven't read the previous eleven pages so I might be repeating something someone has already said:

I don't see why there can't be a divide in time between outdoors and inside.

Technology progresses by the day, kids are at the age where they can absorb incredible amounts of information, so they should be introduced to many technologically advanced computing devices because they will play a bigger part in their futures than they have thus far.

Having said that, I do also believe that children should be active, and actively seeking to exercise/etc. So I would greatly encourage that aspect too. Nothing better than barrelling down a mountain on a piece of cardboard,as we used to do.

It's just about moderation really. Moderate their use of computers/gaming consoles.

You're right there Mil. But in my view, the kids get good exposure to that sort of thing at school or their friend's places. Mine all have ipads in class - I don't even have one of them ffs lol They are allowed to play on their gadgets at home but only for limited time. I find kids who sit on those for a while playing games get a right nark on - grumpy when they can't win or figure something out, introverted because they just want to play and not raise their heads. So they can have a bit of time on them but not as much as they can have on their bikes or out with the dogs. All mine will grump when I say 'come on, we're out with the dogs' and then soon as I open the car they shoot off faster than the dogs :laugh:

IMG_5768_zpsb0f27e1a.jpg

IMG_5614_zps197608e4.jpg

IMG_6170_zps281b1e44.jpg

IMG_6049_zps8f14675e.jpg

Out is better than in 90% of the time I reckon.