Fox Shooting Advice

Normally I shoot pigeons crows and rabbits however my old man has a fox den in a field that you is used for horses. The holes are big and there is a real danger of a horse breaking a leg. Need to get close as I only have 12 bore. Anyone please help with tips on how I can do this and best times method etc? Can I just sit in a hide 20 yards away and wait for it to come out?

thanks for quick response. Yes its defin a fox, i have seen its prints in the sand next to the den and we don't have badgers up here. Other people have seen it cutting about occasionally during the day even. i will bear in mind the wind but do you think i will have to wait all night or there are set times the fox will head out to hunt? how close to the den can i set up my hide? i will use 36gram 1s to try and make sure I don't just injure it. I don't imagine its worth getting a terrier owner for one den...

Have a look on youtube - fieldsportsbritain channel. Theres some good stuff on there about this. Specifically a guy called Roy Lupton. Theres a recent video on there of him calling foxes to within around 8 yards.

As lanber says - wind in your face else they will pick up your scent. You need a fox call (blow into it, mimics a dying/injured animal i.e Rabbit. Plenty around. 'Silva' fox whistles are meant to be good.) Also a Ghillie suit would give you more of an advantage. If money is an object then just get camo'd up best you can in some cover/hide and lick the back of your hand, purse your lips and suck against wet hand to mimic the injured small animal. It works! Right time, right place and with a bit of luck you could have some success. Also, better to use 3" magnums if your gun will allow. I'm no expert by the way, but these are the basics.