Grey Squirrles

My 8 1/2 month old pup caught and killed a grey squirrel today. Even though he is still way to young to work, I was pleased with him as he brought the squirrel to me, but did not make a big fuss of him though, as I do not wont him catching squirrels.

Anyway, I thought I would look up and see what the law had to say about dogs catching grey squirrels.

What I could make out was. They are classed as vermin, however the only way that a grey squirrel can be killed legally is by trapping then killed humanly or shoot. Any other way is illegal.

Am I right?

My 8 1/2 month old pup caught and killed a grey squirrel today. Even though he is still way to young to work, I was pleased with him as he brought the squirrel to me, but did not make a big fuss of him though, as I do not wont him catching squirrels.

Anyway, I thought I would look up and see what the law had to say about dogs catching grey squirrels.

What I could make out was. They are classed as vermin, however the only way that a grey squirrel can be killed legally is by trapping then killed humanly or shoot. Any other way is illegal.

Am I right?

yes if you deliberatly set out to take one with your dog your in breach of the hunting act :yes: