NET MAKING CHAMPIONSHIP

SATURDAY 17TH & SUNDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2005

MIDLAND GAME FAIR

WESTON PARK

SHROPSHIRE

ALL SHIRES FERRET CLUB, In conjunction with the MIDLAND GAME FAIR, Are holding a net making championship throughout the duration of the weekend of the Midland Game fair, to be held on the 17th & 18th September 2005.

The rules of the competition are that a net, of your choice, has to be knitted at the stand using the string and rings provided. You may if you wish use your own mesh board and needle. Mesh boards and needles are available, upon request should they be required.

THE ENTRY FEE WILL BE £1 PER NET. Entries are unlimited, the judging of all enttries will take place on Sunday afternoon.

WINNER

The winner will be awarded the conveted stirling silver needle trophy (which is returnale to the chair person of ALL SHIRES FERRET CLUB on an annual basis) 1 DEBEN MK11 FERRET LOCATOR, 1 BULL DOG RABBITING SPADE, 1 FRAMED PICTURE, 1 VIDEO OF YOUR CHOICE, 1 DOUBLE BOWED BACK FERRET BOX AND A 3 MONTH FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO COUNTRY MANS WEEKLY.

RUNNER UP

The runner up will receive 1 BULL DOG RABBITING SPADE, 1 NET MAKING KIT, 1 VIDEO OF YOUR CHOICE & 1 SINGLE BOW BACKED FERRET BOX.

THIRD PRIZE

1 NET MAKING KIT, 1 SINGLE BOW BACKED FERRET BOX & 1 VIDEO OF YOUR CHOICE.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

All highly recommended entries will receive 1 video of your choice (subject to availability)

For further details contact DINGO DANCER or LEEVEIW.

Many thanks go to all sponsors of the net making championship

DEBEN, BULLDOG SPADES, RALLYSCENE VIDEOS, COUNTRYMANS WEEKLY, JOHNSONS FIELDSPORTS, ASHLANDS GALLERIES & ANDY SHAWS BOW BACKED BOXES.

Great prizes on offer, come and have a go! Open to everyone.

Even if you cannot knit, come along and have a chat to a memberof the ALL SHIRES FERRET CLUB who will only be too happy to help you.

All you Net making guy's and Lasses, Any feedback regarding the Competition would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE STALLION :good:

AS FAR AS GETTING LOADS OF SPUN NYLON .............. WELL ......... YOU WOULD BE SURPRIZED WHAT I FIND LYING AROUND :11:

IAM NOT GOING TO THE MIDLAND ......... BEEN TO MY QUOTA THIS YEAR OF SHOWS ...... 2 ........ JUST AINT A SHOW MAN :guitar:

I AINT EVER BEEN IN A NET MAKING COMPETION ........... HOW WOULD I FARE GOD ONLY KNOWS ................ I DO KNOW ONE THING ...... I WOULD DARE MAKE NETS WITH ANY OF THE PEOPLE MENTIONED , AS I HAVE SEEN THOUSANDS OF NETS AND HAVE SEEN SOME AS GOOD BUT NONE BETTER !

MIND YOU ...... I THINK 12 MINS IS DEFO GOING SOME :icon_eek: ........WHEN I WAS MAKING NETS FOR A LOT OF TOP CLASS LADS , I WAS AVERAGING A 4 FOOT SHAPED PURSE NET WITH 2 1/4 " MESH EVERY 15 MINUTES .... A DOZEN IN 3 HOURS .... MIND YOU THAT WAS WITH TEA / TOILET BREAKS PLUS THE ODD PHONE CONVERSATION !!!!!!! :11:

I HAVE NEVER REALLY WATCH TIME DOING SQUARE MESH .............. BEING A PERFECTIONIST ....ITS MORE ABOUT THE END RESULT !!!!!! ;)

DINGO DANCER ........ DOING TWO ROWS AT ONCE .....IS NO NEW THING , THE OLD GUY WHO SET ME AWAY 27 YEARS AGO ALWAYS KNITTED LIKE THIS .

WELL ALL THE BEST TO ALL THAT ENTER THE COMPETION AT THE MIDLAND , YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY MAYBE DUCKWING MIGHT BE THERE :D

DUCKWING

:big_boss:

Guest itallion stallion

duckwing , if we had known earlier we could of knocked up a couple of bow backed ferret boxes and donated them as a prize . after all we have made them for some proffessional rabbiting men...... who have even realeased dvd's :D:D

NOW .. NOW .... STALLLION :rolleyes:

THERE ARE LADS TRYING TO MAKE SOME DOSH OUT OF MAKING BOW BACKED BOXES........... AND ONCE PEOPLE SAW A PROFESSIONAL JOB ...... WELL ....NOWT ELSE WOULD DO :D

I WOULDNT LIKE TO SEE ANYBODYS KIDS DO WITHOUT CHRISMAS PREZZIES ....BUT THEN YOU ARE A MERCENARY FECKER WHERE MONEYS CONCERNED :11:

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING :guitar: