Patterdale Losing Hair And Itching. (Not Mange )

hi there , my patterdale bitch is itching and losing hair in patches on her back and neck , shes had a dose of ivormectin and various mange treatment so mange is out of the question, my uncle said it might be allergies to food , or even to other dogs (shes with my dads labrador -_- ) i dont know what to do anymore she looks a state and it's F@%&£NG annoying me now someone help , cheers Iwan.

had a wee pat a good few years back and it was the same end up being a skin prob vet give me a shampoo to wash it in 1-2 times a week it only took 1 bottle to clear it up i forget the name of it but it was only about £12 could be more now but after i used it i never had any more probs with him but when he did have it he was always scratching and his skin was red raw from it

hi there , my patterdale bitch is itching and losing hair in patches on her back and neck , shes had a dose of ivormectin and various mange treatment so mange is out of the question, my uncle said it might be allergies to food , or even to other dogs (shes with my dads labrador -_- ) i dont know what to do anymore she looks a state and it's F@%&£NG annoying me now someone help , cheers Iwan.

could be hormones i had a little pat bitch here who lost condition badly durring her seasons and nearly lost all her coat whilst rearing a litter of pups

get some jays fluid dilute it and wash it in that twice a week for a fortnight bud will sort it out

fooking hell in all honestly i would never of thought that was any good to a dog.............

if it didnt have irritated skin before it will after that :laugh:

try change its food .... food with a large % of protien in can cause this :thumbs:

Yep, mine ended up with a similar condition for a short time, after breaking into the shed, and scoffing some high protein dry ferret food i had in there!!

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Diggerman Dan
      Hello I have an adult bitch that has been fed on tinned and dry mixer, and I’m thinking of transitioning her to raw and dry mix. I understand it should be done gradually so won’t be changing it overnight but Would just like to know if anyone has any tips or pointers before I start. Also any pitfalls and problems I should be looking out for. Thanks.
    • By staceym2015
      Hi everyone, I'm new to this site seemed like a good one with some good information. Was just looking for some opinions or shared experience from you all. I've always had animals, digs cross terrors small house dogs. Rabbits and guinea pigs and birds. I've recently gotten a full 100% pure breed whippet pup. He is about 3 and a half months old. I saw all of the litter and both parents in peraon before i bought him.he comes from a good blood line no health problems. I've Brough him to get his 2nd round of vaccinations and a check up 2 weeks ago in the vets and he was a tad underweight, he just need to be wormed and the weight is coming on nicely. Before I brought him to the vets I used to give him bread and milk slightly warm with dog nuts in the or nine and then again in the evening she told me to stop this. However. Since I've stopped giving him the bread and milk his legs are starting to bow. only the Front Ones And I'm Really Really Worried And FREAKING Out Over him. I have him on full working dog nuts now 3 half cups a day. This has calcium in it and the protein content is 22% is this still to high? Should I go back to giving him the bread and milk? Please help. Absolutely freaking it.
    • By staceym2015
      Hi everyone, I'm new to this site seemed like a good one with some good information. Was just looking for some opinions or shared experience from you all. I've always had animals, digs cross terrors small house dogs. Rabbits and guinea pigs and birds. I've recently gotten a full 100% pure breed whippet pup. He is about 3 and a half months old. I saw all of the litter and both parents in peraon before i bought him.he comes from a good blood line no health problems. I've Brough him to get his 2nd round of vaccinations and a check up 2 weeks ago in the vets and he was a tad underweight, he just need to be wormed and the weight is coming on nicely. Before I brought him to the vets I used to give him bread and milk slightly warm with dog nuts in the or nine and then again in the evening she told me to stop this. However. Since I've stopped giving him the bread and milk his legs are starting to bow. only the Front Ones And I'm Really Really Worried And FREAKING Out Over him. I have him on full working dog nuts now 3 half cups a day. This has calcium in it and the protein content is 22% is this still to high? Should I go back to giving him the bread and milk? Please help. Absolutely freaking it.
    • By hily
      looking at some pics of shot foxes placed in the back of trucks and its plain to see that dogs are carried in the same truck as well, dog boxes on view dog leads etc shown in the photos not all of these pics from this site some from other hunting sites now I always thought it was dodgy to let the dog have much contact with foxes let alone house them for any length of time in the same area a fox has been.because I thought the risk of the dog catching mange from a fox was very real or am I daft to believe this