Lakeland Fells With A Few Of The Gang....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the weather forecast to be good today I thought there would be no lie in today,so I was up at 6am,cuppa tea,bowl of porridge then off out with the dogs,I only live 15 mins or so from the Northern

Cheers Steve,it is nice just being ten minutes drive away I must admit...was back up and amongst the Fells again today,I went this morning and just got home at 3.50pm lol..i was in a t-shirt up there,

And bye bye..you useless cur haha...         What an embarrassment haha...

some absolutely stunning pics there fuji and all dogs look in great condition i love the fells ran them for few years when in the forces but never took time to take in what they have to offer great thread ,just 1 question whats with the double collars on the pups?

some absolutely stunning pics there fuji and all dogs look in great condition i love the fells ran them for few years when in the forces but never took time to take in what they have to offer great thread ,just 1 question whats with the double collars on the pups?

Thanks Steve..to answer your question about the collars,one is just a standard puppy collar,the other is just a flea and tick collar,just prevents them from picking up any unwanted nasties...ticks are a major problem anywhere sheep frequent and they thrive in bracken so obviously with walking them amongst hundreds of sheep and through miles of bracken I always put them on all my dogs from February through until October..they are meant to last 5 months but I change them every 6 weeks or so for what they cost...been up on the tops again today,weather was like a summers day...it was just one of those days you felt privileged to be alive and able to get out...spent a good 3 hours out with the pups,took myself some grub and a flask lol and had my dinner up on the Fell...not one single person within view or hearing range...total remoteness and bliss :-)

571ea1c41a0661063c0f61e9b9b465fc_zps1172

d61242434f8a7f6151e3078b07876b0a_zps2a4e

6cd8b7159379e6e25c359663a45ac7ee_zps7fb3

29d4c46121a9ce0aaf834e0c57b917d8_zps9e88

90cbf7d0ebb44323ca95c4262531d5d3_zpsca50

• Like 4

I can honestly say this thread has improved my day, when i read it earlier i had come home from work after a c**t of a morning and was in a foul mood. Saw the thread and turned off the telly and computer grabbed Willow out the kennels and went for a mooch. I had a lovely afternoon, saw a few roe, a fox, a couple of runs on rabbits and lots of birds. I even picked up a snipe with a damaged wing which is unusual in itself, lovely birds to see close up. Finished up by meeting the Mrs and the rest of the pack for a quick walk and a couple of pints in the pub - all with the snipe still in my pocket!

Back home now, snipes in a box, dinners on and im in a much better mood!

• Like 5

Top day out there Tyla...as much shit as I have had in my life as soon as I'm out either hunting or even just out for a walk with my dogs everything is absolutely fine and dandy..I sat and watched 7 or 8 Buzzards soaring high up above the Fells today,just had a cup of tea and sat in awe watching them..I did almost get a Tawny Owl in my face when the Pom crashed into a hedgerow the Owl was as shocked to see me as I was it haha..I ducked,it swerved and missed me by about 6 inch I bloody shit myself lol..even if I see nothing that interests the dogs I'm not fussed...I would walk all day every day if my back and knees would allow me...I love being out in the countryside...not alot can beat it I don't think? Pleased your day turned out ok matey...I'm already looking forward to tomorrows venture...weather is forecast decent so lord knows where I will end up?..ATB Andy

• Like 2

cracking the pics and thread fuji ,wish i had that type of land on my doorstep :thumbs:

Cheers Steve,it is nice just being ten minutes drive away I must admit...was back up and amongst the Fells again today,I went this morning and just got home at 3.50pm lol..i was in a t-shirt up there,what a fantastic day it was..I stopped,sat and had a cup of tea several times,not because I was fecked but just to sit and look at the views I had up there..again,not sight nor sign of anyone..I did get a panic on though when I stepped into what looked just normal grass lol but ended up waist deep in water..feck I shit myself I thought I was going under! The pups done everything just perfect today,jumped beautifully,recall was A1..just a good day all round :-)

9656db7b1c6138013202aaf15b23aac2_zps7cb8

d058a6929fcca74cf48d601867bb99b6_zpsaa5c

c30dfdb767cedf628339e50d4bb3bb54_zps6457

75768c4d8e206c3a9c31e647ed25cf7d_zps4c99

5f4b3cfba623cf258e1dbeb40887145d_zpsb48e

• Like 6