Net Making. - Newcomer

Just thought i would have a brag about making my first few nets out of some stuff i got from agouti. Really hooked on making them now and it also makes me realise how some of my bought nets are not made or finished of that well. its taking me about an hour a net completely finished.with 22 meshes deep by 16 wide.

how long does it take most you lot to make a net?, i wonder how much quicker i will get with experience.

thank you

Ive ten six inch needles i start fifty nets to about eight rows and then just go out and sit and knit when i can be bothered with bigger needles making nets twenty meshes wide and four foot long never timed myself but i find it easier to do it this way as i dont like starting nets having hands like number nine shovels and finger like sausages

Been making nets a long time. One thing I never worry about is how long it takes. It just does not matter if it takes 20 minutes or 3 days, all that matters is, you have a net that the knots dont slip and it does the job.

Dont get into the cock measuring game. Do what suits you, your the only person you have to please.

TC

• Like 2

i not fussed how long they take me to make as im really enjoying it, but was just wondering what kind of time people take that are experienced so i have an idea. The knots are nice and tight, obviously had a few loose and slipping ones when i had my first practice but i got the knack now.

thank you for the replies

Same here telly and sound system out in the garage as long as its warm enough im quite happy to spend a shift sitting knitting but never set out to speed knit or what ever just take a break when im bored and go back when i can concentrate

• 2 weeks later...