Bull X Whippet Question

hi guys this question may have been asked a million times but here go's ...

looking for a running dog to acompany me whilst out ferreting but would also like something with abit more snap , not really looking for a big bull x so was thinking a whippet , i have the access to go out with mates with terriers so would a whippet bull x be suitable for the occasional look in a big hole or onto a bolt ? heard powell bull x whippets are quite handy but never seen any work , what are the pros and cons ?

just looking for honest answers and advice as its something im looking into for the near future

thanks in advance

matt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pm blackstaff he has a pair of crackers he bred himself......very handy dogs

thanks guys , getting all the info i can an then make the decission if i think it is the right dog for me   cheer matt

Yours aint a bull whippet its a bull/whippet/greyhound.

hi guys this question may have been asked a million times but here go's ...

looking for a running dog to acompany me whilst out ferreting but would also like something with abit more snap , not really looking for a big bull x so was thinking a whippet , i have the access to go out with mates with terriers so would a whippet bull x be suitable for the occasional look in a big hole or onto a bolt ? heard powell bull x whippets are quite handy but never seen any work , what are the pros and cons ?

just looking for honest answers and advice as its something im looking into for the near future

thanks in advance

matt

yeh would make good little dog, ive always like the sound of this x myself, powells stuff supposed to good little working dogs + few other lads got them diffrernt lines quite happy with them., not sure if he on here ,? if so pm him for a chat . :thumbs:

Bull x whippets are a decent breed. One of my mates has a beddy x bull x whippet and it's a very handy dog, small and quick and another friend has a bull x whippet x greyhound that's also a pretty small dog and extremely fast. Never really seen a straight up bull x whippet like but i'm guessing they would make cracking dogs.

Have a bull x whippet myself, compared to all the other pups in her litter she looks like she inherited a lot more whippet than bull but you can tell its there, I'm really pleased with her she has a brilliant temperament and works well, I wouldn't change her for anything now.