Anybody Else Got A Whippet They Have To Keep On A Diet

I have two whippets a blue dog 3 years old i have to keep my eye on his wait he always looks like he needs a good feed and a fawn bitch coming up for 12 month old looks like a pit bull if i feed her 7 days a week they are both flesh fed both wormed both do the same amount of work i have always had lurchers past 30 years jury is still out on lurchers verses whippets but i have never had a dog that is over wieght and for it to be a whippet seems daft

Im the opposit I've got problems putting the weight on my pup, one min she's fine then The next looks like a scrawny rat that needs a good feed! ( there's always food down and she gets wormed regular, just can't put my finger in it lol)

im the same with my pup same way bred. she is flesh fed on meals, sometimes she will pick at her food other times she will wolf it down.

i allways left dried food with my whippets 24/7 and they were communal , never had any trouble with weight long as they got daily exercise .

they allways picked at the dried stuff but didnt scoff on it , few tit bits of red stuff every other day as a treat and they reared fine ...

Edited by gleninnes