This is a 7 inch optical crystal block hand engraved front and back to give a 3D effect -the fox and scenery are engraved on the back and pheasant and some vegetation on the front . This block is wedge shaped so it is free standing. All my engraving is deeply engraved using a dental drill with diamond burrs, stone burrs, and polishers, every piece is a unique piece of art.

verybestfox.jpg

this is the equipement I use for the engraving

P6235364.jpg

• Like 3

I think this piece(BiCentenary of the Battle of Trafalgar) is the best one I have done-it's called "cased crystal" this is where the large chalice is made in clear crystal, then encased in cobalt blue crystal, so when blown into the shape there is a fairly even layer of the blue crystal on the outside of the piece to a thickness of about an eighth of an inch. The engraving is carried out at different depths so that the blue becomes lighter the deeper you go ,and in some places cutting through the blue and into the clear to give white, This takes a very long time to do and is a real collectors piece, I sold it to a collector a few years ago

Picture307_zps4c4f7281.jpg

whyman143.jpg

whyman139.jpg

• Like 1