Caught Poaching/lamping?

get permission and take a 4/10 wi you if you have a shotgun certificate and when confronted with hares etc say you you've shot a it thought itwas wounded so hunted with dogs ,or say you ve used your dogs to flush to guns

thats the law same with flushing foxes with 2 hounds

a bit of a fxxk on but effective LOL

by the letter of the law that is true. However, under animal welfare law, which they can and will apply as needed, a 410 would be classed as unsuitable weapon and you could be done for causeing undue suffering to a creature. 12 bore and minimum of 32g of No.5. Walked up hare are invariably running away, so you need to shoot/carry a gun and load that would be up to the task if need be.

Although I'm not a shooting man ,,, and I stand to be corrected,,, but I wouldnt have thought there was a law saying you can't shoot a hare with a 410,,,, of course it's not the prefred weapon,,,but surly no law against it ????

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in my eyes its more than worth it for A FEW BUNNYS mate if not i wouldnt keep any dogs

yes, it's an offence   be sensible and get permission     or run faster

1709 posts and ask a dumb question like that

Posted Images

get permission and take a 4/10 wi you if you have a shotgun certificate and when confronted with hares etc say you you've shot a it thought itwas wounded so hunted with dogs ,or say you ve used your dogs to flush to guns

by the letter of the law that is true. However, under animal welfare law, which they can and will apply as needed, a 410 would be classed as unsuitable weapon and you could be done for causeing undue suffering to a creature. 12 bore and minimum of 32g of No.5. Walked up hare are invariably running away, so you need to shoot/carry a gun and load that would be up to the task if need be.

Although I'm not a shooting man ,,, and I stand to be corrected,,, but I wouldnt have thought there was a law saying you can't shoot a hare with a 410,,,, of course it's not the prefred weapon,,,but surly no law against it ????

No its not against the law, and i have shot quite a few with an old webley bolt action when i was younger. There are better choices though if you are going to target hares.

No its not against the law, and i have shot quite a few with an old webley bolt action when i was younger. There are better choices though if you are going to target hares.

:laugh:

post-896-0-18085900-1360771377.jpg

:laugh:

I said target hares, not Hamas :laugh::laugh:

i think caught with bunnys worst be a fine £100 o so fox they take dog report rspca same with deer depending how you dispatch it could be a bit of jail :thumbs:

If caught with rabbits but the case against you is poaching hares (and that depends who is bringing the case) you could get "a bit of" jail and a fine. And your gear and dogs confiscated.

You wont get jail for a hare :laugh::laugh:

Not against the law as laid down in the hunting act, but if they want to get shirty about flushing hares to the gun, police/RSPCA could pursue a charge of causing undue suffering to an animal. This has been stated in guidelines laid down by the CPS. So, if for example (just thinking off the top of my head here :whistling: ) they stated that lurchers/saluki type dogs are unsuitable for flushing hares to the gun (though not against the law) they should check what weapons/ammunition you are carrying as well. Otherwise, they are on sticky ground and could well be seen as pursuing a malicious prosection.

worth bearing in mind!

I cant remember ever voting any of these laws in or have any party saying vote for us we will send you to prison for hunting with dogs ..Thought our prisons where full thats why burglars get off with asbo's ,, Yeah all hunters have been caught ,,, caught up in shite that mps , nd rspca need for their publicity.. makes you sick what ppl get fined for ...

I recently had a letter telling me to keep off Staffs police telling me to keep off land where I am genuinely walking on public footpaths , as someone saw me and told them " they were concerned a rural crime was about to be committed "!! I wouldnt mind but theres been no quarry on there for years , I only use it to give the dogs a run round , I even had my car pulled on M6 as its flagged now as linked to rural crime .

This is the same police force , who when i caught a burglar then refused to go to court to testify , as they had dropped the burglary charge to trespass , threatened to charge me with , perverting the course of justice , which is more serious than trespass !!!! So bollocks to their rural crime !

• Like 2