Guard Dog

A38B39DD-50F4-42A0-A445-13979CCC0FBC-192

Don't get much trouble with him about!

I need to get my AB like yours hes on a diet as we speak cant feed him dry food just piles on the weight,like i said to you before hes a hard dog to get out due to nervous problems.i go out last thing at night no people or noises about helps a bit

there does seem to be few probs in this breeds regards there temps, either to sharp or to nervy , went to a show few years back and seen them.Nice dogs most were good guards, but some of the temps could have been better.But suppose when breeds get popular, the breed suffers when not bred right.It happened with bullmastiffs poor temps,but the big prob was+ is unhealthy dogs bad Hips and not long lived . :yes:

Theres more than a few problems in the breed mate.I reckon 75% of ABs in this country are candidates for euthanasia.Id say the amount of breeders over here breeding sound stock can be counted on one hand and youd still have a finger or 2 left.And im not anti AB i owned one for 10years and im hoping to get another later this year if a certain breeding goes ahead.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to be rude......but i can never understand that logic of " he,s a fat lump but old now "................well do the ol boy a favour then and get some weight off him the strain on their joints when

will my mother inlaw do

Posted Images

That looks a beast

very laid back easy to live with good with other dogs until provoked ;)

is it a alunt, or alunt x grey , there were bullmastiffs like that years ago, most were brindle, they were night dogs for the keeper. Most about 26in 80-90lb , not like the shit show stuff of today . Still say a good male gsd take some beating as a watch+ guard dog :yes:

you seem to be an expert on gsds now bird like you was on bull x

no mate, not gsd's but Bullmastiffs yes, as ive said had them in the 80s and bred them. A lurcher just lurcher what ever the x ,but regards guard dogs gsd's are more sharper than bullmastiffs, and i would have thought you knew that from having had gsd's .?

i like my gsds but dont go round makeing out i know it all i just watch and learn

you can never stop learning, even after 30 years with dogs, you still learn somthing every day . Regards lurchers never had gsdx grey before so its all new to me, i speak to Steve Barton few times and he had them back in the 70s, and he give me any info on the x. , other xs ive had thats just what down me going out learning from working them over 30 years ,and as said still can learn few things, anybody would agree with that :yes: . But bullmastiffs i do know quite bit about, i won crufts with my male, best male dog in the show. Bred them and know breed well.Was brougfht up with bull breeds (staffs,) as a kid going back long way now lol, and some of the staffs back then were like few pits of today :yes: i like lurchers any x, but liked a good staff or pit, Buck will prob my last lurcher , and so enjoy him for what ever he is( good or crap) .!!

A38B39DD-50F4-42A0-A445-13979CCC0FBC-192

Don't get much trouble with him about!

I need to get my AB like yours hes on a diet as we speak cant feed him dry food just piles on the weight,like i said to you before hes a hard dog to get out due to nervous problems.i go out last thing at night no people or noises about helps a bit

Not being nasty mate but theres only one suitable place for an AB with temperament problems like that.

i understand your point mate,but ive had him 5 yrs and done everything by the book with him so there is no chance and i mean no chance of anything going wrong.i had his knackers off,muzzled and leaded.can be introduced to strangers theres just ways to go about it.was ok till he got to 2 then got attacked by 2 labs on the field never the same after that,also i rescued him of a guy at 9 months ill tret.im giving him the best life i can.he is great with the family ect but when you have him out and say he hears a loud noise he trys to pull home all the time.not very enjoyable walks.and the potential in his physique is all there could look fantastic but cant get enough out off him.bad breeders bad lines.both my dogs are neutered.

Do you breed shepherds woz? Cracking pics

No mate..just trained them for a year or two lol.my cz bitch that's doin the bite work in the pics will be having her first litter of pups in the summer