Irish Working Jrt's

Are they a dying breed or are they still out there. I know a fella who's been looking for a pup for a while now, I've been keeping my eye out for him just watching classifieds here and elsewhere but they seem to be a rare thing even in the uk maybe they all get passed around between terrier men by word of mouth without an ad being posted anywhere.

Anyway the topics there for discussion and I've a good home for a pup if anyone wants to drop me a pm.

Had a good russell bitch but sadly lost her this season

Sorry to hear that, I saw a picture here of a nice jrt I think it could of been yours(maybe in a thread about the IWTC not sure), definately one of the irish lads anyway.

Edited by gary.l
  • Like 1

Think most lads that keep a good strain of working whites like to keep them between mates an them selves! The way it should be I think, would it be fair to say a heavy percentage of the working Russell's in Eire have bull in them? They are very rare, as I'd say i could count on 3 fingers of Russell's that I know of that are doing the job!

Edited by hard grafter
  • Like 1

Think most lads that keep a good strain of working whites like to keep them between mates an them selves! The way it should be I think, would it be fair to say a heavy percentage of the working Russell's in Eire have bull in them? They are very rare, as I'd say i could count on 3 fingers of Russell's that I know of that are doing the job!

Spot on lad too many lads breeding from shit....

Say your looking for a good ratting jrt, your not going to need dogs bred from line after line "earthdogs" and I'm sure the lads breeding these dogs mightn't want to part with a pup to someone who just wants to work rats either.

Do yee think what yee'd refer to as "to many lads breeding shite" ie your typical donedeal ad that says "mother is a good ratter" would probably be alright for ratting.