As a novice shooter, I hope I'm not just being incredibly thick here, but here goes.....

My Stoeger X20S and I have only fired around 150 pellets, but I've noticed that it seems to fire consistently low. They tell me this is called "barrel droop". I have packed the back end of the scope up, and this has helped a bit. As I'm only firing at around 12-15 yards at the moment (beginner remember! ) I'm worried that I'll run out of elevation at longer ranges, as the adjuster is already almost 1/2 way round.

Maybe it's me and not the rifle, but any tips or advice would be massively appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

who wants a fight

Right . I'll say this much . You both , Tron and Timmytree , are very much " up on your game" and personally i would seek advise from both of you as i consider you both - A , friends , and B , very kn

I think I married her sister

your scope is too hi...

dowload chairgun and have a look. higher and lower the scope height and watch what happens to the tragectory.

if your trying to zero at 12 yard...fffffff it takes umpty sevenclicks to move an inch verses a few at 30 yards. it's an angle, gets bigger the further, or in moving the poi turms it moves less closer..so much so you could actualy colapse the return spring inside the tube squoshing wayyy over to its exstreme.

Don't normally post in airguns, but I was searching for some obscure ruger mounts a few ago and came across several different mounts that had elevation adjustment built in.

I agree with others and I would suggest zeroing at a min 20yds and concentrate on the group rather than the target centre, if it groups ok from as steady a position as possible I would doubt it's the gun.

Incidentally I had a BSA sweet 17 on a 22 rimfire, that wouldn't come up to target at 60 yds, needed packing, didn't like it, swapped out the scope and all well, BSA on different gun, same problem, scope now in bin. :censored: