Will All Long Ear Dogs Quit Eventually?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad I'm not a dog owned by some of you idiots!!! There a animal not a fecking machine.

this will get them going

i would have thought theres alot of things to take into consideration. all dogs will pull up if abused on there chosen quarry imo.

I'm glad I'm not a dog owned by some of you idiots!!! There a animal not a fecking machine.

Well said. If the dog is not getting enough oxygen to its muscles it must stop. A car must stop when it runs out of petrol.

I cannot see the point of a dog that runs itself to the point of complete exhaustion. I would rather have a dog that works out that the odds are in the quarry's favour and quits. Much better that way because the dog is fresh enough for a run where the odds are more in its favour.

I know there's this big macho thing about never quitting and some owners seem to think it's a refection on themselves--some sort of half arsed John Wayne syndrome. It's bollox.

Dog that pick their runs even when they have a chance of catching are not worth a feck. A dog that looks at a rabbit two foot from a hedge, thinks about the percentages and ignores it is clever, not a quitter. A dog that knows the score will, at the end of the day put more gear in the bag.

Edited by jukel123

Well said. If the dog is not getting enough oxygen to its muscles it must stop. A car must stop when it runs out of petrol.

I cannot see the point of a dog that runs itself to the point of complete exhaustion. I would rather have a dog that works out that the odds are in the quarry's favour and quits. Much better that way because the dog is fresh enough for a run where the odds are more in its favour.

I know there's this big macho thing about never quitting and some owners seem to think it's a refection on themselves--some sort of half arsed John Wayne syndrome. It's bollox.

Dog that pick their runs even when they have a chance of catching are not worth a feck. A dog that looks at a rabbit two foot from a hedge, thinks about the percentages and ignores it is clever, not a quitter. A dog that knows the score will, at the end of the day put more gear in the bag.

Talking about hare dog's here and a dog that quits when a hare gets 2 foot from a hedge wont put nothing in the bag....
  • Like 2

I think you missed the part of my post where I said: 'Dogs that pick their runs even when thay have a chance of catching are not worth a feck'.

I prefer the word 'Quarry' because hare coursing is now illegal bud.

I read your post !!! i suggest you read it again lol i know its illegal this is just a discussion bud..

We aren't talking about rabbits by hedges fella.

Pre ban hare coursing.

If it stops because "it works out the odds are in the quarry's favour" then it's jacked. Simple as that :thumbs:

• Like 2