So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

You have some nice soil by the looks of it Archie. I had to buy mine in to fill the raised beds.

Its getting there, dug in loads of manure  over the winter and sheeted it all down.Let the worms do the work.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Did the same with the raised beds, mix of horse manure n soil, then put a membrane over and planted through it.

our local recycling center is run by Viridor, all the green waste gets composted .They sell it for about £30 a ton delivered.Most of the plots here are raised beds and no dig.I however enjoy the challenge of rotating and growing green manure.

• Like 1
On 30/06/2021 at 15:09, Bosun11 said:

20210630_121502.jpg.f265bcc645a9a4776ab38669998d52c3.jpg

20210630_121417.jpg

On 30/06/2021 at 15:08, Bosun11 said:

20210630_121425.jpg.b2a7867f391f63e64880a5ff0f316281.jpg

20210630_121434.jpg

That all coming on nicely mate. Nice looking forward to harvesting some veg mate.

Cheers Arry

3 hours ago, Arry said:

That all coming on nicely mate. Nice looking forward to harvesting some veg mate.

Cheers Arry

Thanks Arry, yer should be better than last year.

It's only the plots, second year, as i did it during the first lockdown and it's not on my land, my garden is the other side of that fence but i'm loving my bit of Guerrila Gardening.

Though i've had a better veriety this year. I'm deffo gonna grow my spuds in bags going forward and put other veg in its place. ?

35 minutes ago, sid g said:

i put beans straight into the ground this year had nothing and the pigeons got my early lettuce --- ?

Did that with peas last year and never seen a single shoot. This year i've done runners, broad beans and mange tout in trays before planting out. The MT looks poor tbh and for some reason my broad bean plants are dying off, one plant every couple of weeks. Same spot as my bumper crop last year but this time they look stunted in their growth too... ?