So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Well nothing is moving very fast these cool temperatures. Runners look like somebody is camping in the garden Lol.

IMG_3097.JPG.b3b4b2eab0fd7e51fb226aaa4d3ece4d.JPG

I think they look alright on the inside though.

IMG_3116.JPG.6769d46da23d8f5d110b7e15129b9ac3.JPG

Spuds in tubs doing okay but they are dragged in the shed every night.

IMG_3091.JPG.04bedbb788ddfaf58a8e434591fb5d28.JPG

Three row of different Little Gems ordinary Little Gem, Intred Gems and Moon Red Gems.

IMG_3098.JPG.d74c1239f5ab6fc115fc103fc21a5b0f.JPG

Onion sets are away and Carrot just showing, just planted out some Beet root this morning. Fleecing Toms every bloody night and Cucumbers are taking over the bay window, they need to go out to the Green house and bigger pots. Perhaps next week need it to warm up but it don't look that good really plus its dry as a chip here.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Arry said:

Well nothing is moving very fast these cool temperatures. Runners look like somebody is camping in the garden Lol.

Three row of different Little Gems ordinary Little Gem, Intred Gems and Moon Red Gems.

Onion sets are away and Carrot just showing, just planted out some Beet root this morning. Fleecing Toms every bloody night and Cucumbers are taking over the bay window, they need to go out to the Green house and bigger pots. Perhaps next week need it to warm up but it don't look that good really plus its dry as a chip here.

Cheers Arry

Nice work ?

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Planted Potatoes, Beetroot, Shallots, Radishes, Spring Onions, Carrots, Spinach, and Sweetcorn in the veg patch. I've got tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers to go in the plastic growing house, hoping to do that Sunday. 

Cheers

Aled

• Like 1
On 12/04/2021 at 14:30, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Same as you had a crazy warm spell in March so planted the first early tatties, thought they would get  a flier end of April six night consecutive  frosts and a touch of  snow i got fed up putting them in and out the garage , Stuck them outside for good now at its rained nearly every day LOL 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, The one said:

Same as you had a crazy warm spell in March so planted the first early tatties, thought they would get  a flier end of April six night consecutive  frosts and a touch of  snow i got fed up putting them in and out the garage , Stuck them outside for good now at its rained nearly every day LOL 

Been a weird year thats for sure. Fleece is off the Runners but now micro mesh is on as a wind break its the bloody gales we are getting. Always something for a gardener to moan at Lol.

Cheers Arry

Aye just counted ive over 70 containers on the slabs (need stuff to do during the summer ) really thought  i was sm art and ahead of myself them the frost flattened my pelargoniums  but still got a few replacement plants so it wont be too bad . 

Just brings the old saying never cast a clout till Mays out LOL 

• Like 1

Well unwrapped the Runners But bugger its pissing down again perhaps I should have grown Rice. Cutting Lettuce but it's all moving so slowly, the temperature is still cool for May.

IMG_3246.JPG.fed24495828c900305132d9fb1280da4.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Lost my French Beans due to Frost, i've got a few more growing in pots which i will put out once i know the cold spell is properly over! Everything else looks like it may make it!

Cheers. Aled

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...