So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Thats the way more work now the less to do in the spring. Really should try it my self

My wife's booked in for radical hysterectomy on 23 October ,so going to cover it up much as possible till spring,I put some well rotten chicken manure down before I covered it so hopefully the worms will pull it down in.

And the rabbit will bugger off elsewhere if there's nothing for it to eat.

Thats the way more work now the less to do in the spring. Really should try it my self

My wife's booked in for radical hysterectomy on 23 October ,so going to cover it up much as possible till spring,I put some well rotten chicken manure down before I covered it so hopefully the worms will pull it down in.

And the rabbit will bugger off elsewhere if there's nothing for it to eat.

Best wishes to the wife on that mate.

Cheers Arry

Last of my rain bows.

post-100132-0-23830100-1507639059_thumb.jpg

Still got a few ordinary one left. The Purple Sprouting is getting bigger and bigger lifting the netting off the hoops. Took the runner beans down, also as my Tomatoes were coming to an end I took a shoot off one of the Sun Gold plants potted it. I stopped it at three trusses which now are full of fruit whether they ripen or not we will see but thought it was worth a try.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2

My daughter loves sprouts so I look forward to the first ones. Some have blown but still taste the same and plenty to come
Picked a nice parsnip today dead straight nice and thick and it rolled under the car. Thought I mustn't forget to get that out later. So yea guess where that still is lol

23858626008_4653e14b3e_c.jpg

• Like 2

Been growing this strange plant "Strawberry Spinach" can eat the leaves and the berries look like strawberries and taste like peanuts.

attachicon.gifP1190459.JPG

attachicon.gifP1190460.jpg

Cheers Arry

Sounds an interesting one

Just for a bit of fun really. I cleared a load of rabbits for a market gardener/farmer then laid some hedges put up a poly tunnel odd jobs here and there. They grew edible flowers and all sorts of strange plants fruits etc to supply up end restaurants , they would give me plants to try.

Cheers Arry

Last of my rain bows.attachicon.gifP1190456.JPGStill got a few ordinary one left. The Purple Sprouting is getting bigger and bigger lifting the netting off the hoops. Took the runner beans down, also as my Tomatoes were coming to an end I took a shoot off one of the Sun Gold plants potted it. I stopped it at three trusses which now are full of fruit whether they ripen or not we will see but thought it was worth a try.Cheers Arry

Looks like a box I found under the wife's side of the bed last week

• Like 1

Last of my rain bows.attachicon.gifP1190456.JPGStill got a few ordinary one left. The Purple Sprouting is getting bigger and bigger lifting the netting off the hoops. Took the runner beans down, also as my Tomatoes were coming to an end I took a shoot off one of the Sun Gold plants potted it. I stopped it at three trusses which now are full of fruit whether they ripen or not we will see but thought it was worth a try.Cheers Arry

Looks like a box I found under the wife's side of the bed last week

To much information. Lol.

Cheers Arry

I've got hundreds of flower bulbs so I went down the allotment with the intention of digging all round the borders and planting bulbs. Unfortunately the entire allotment other than the raised beds is covered in a thick weed proof membrane. This must of been down so long the grass has grown over it. Its got 3" of soil and turf grass over it!! Couldn't dig through it and couldn't pull it up! So I decided to sacrifice one small triangle bed for the bulbs but when I de weeded it it was such good soil I couldn't bring myself to waste it! So I'm still stuck with loads of bulbs!

post-31956-0-52473400-1508269269_thumb.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1