So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Sussex. Normally lay them out till tops are totally yellow then string up. Bit like garlic. Had a look at mine today as I said I'd post a pic but they ain't ready. What nice pics of the chillies on here. Can almost taste the things. We are so lucky to have the joy of being able to grow and feed our families.jok.

• Like 1

Having they been standing long some with just start to split after a while while others stand better. So I have noticed. Are they greyhound ?

Not a clue what they are...bought em from b&q

Having they been standing long some with just start to split after a while while others stand better. So I have noticed. Are they greyhound ?

Only reason I asked is I grew greyhound once and tasted great but wouldn't stand long before splitting

Edited by terryd

Look like greyhound

Went down an weeded for couple hours,

Found out someone had been having a nose around,tools thrown down and a bin I use for storage had its lid off ,so my gloves had got wet:(

Bit disheartened as with the ants ,moles and pigeons I'm not getting a lot

Most my spuds didn't appear ,an beans got the rust so pulled them up,

Gave it a good weeding , I seemed to be plagued by neighbours plots as ones sending nettles and bindweed over to mine and other one keeps mentioning the fence but never buys any posts or offers any money towards some,yet piles stuff up against a very loose fence,I've replaced 3-4 posts myself there about 11 left to do.

Rents due in October so may jack it in as stealthys post reminded me I grew more an enjoyed it more when I grew in pots out the back,so may do that instead.

post-1321-0-32719700-1501508280_thumb.jpg

post-1321-0-57802500-1501508305_thumb.jpg

post-1321-0-86515000-1501508323_thumb.jpg

post-1321-0-38445800-1501508337_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Found out someone had been having a nose around,tools thrown down and a bin I use for storage had its lid off ,so my gloves had got wet:(

Gave it a good weeding , I seemed to be plagued by neighbours plots as ones sending nettles and bindweed over to mine and other one keeps mentioning the fence but never buys any posts or offers any money towards some,yet piles stuff up against a very loose fence,I've replaced 3-4 posts myself there about 11 left to do.

Rents due in October so may jack it in as stealthys post reminded me I grew more an enjoyed it more when I grew in pots out the back,so may do that instead.

My biggest problem is keeping things small, I use the Bonsai method, I too, can't help planting up every pot and spare bucket, and I moan every time I have to water them, but I'm an addict. :laugh:

• Like 3

Rent the plots next door that seems to work :laugh: Could you break up a pallet stick some points on and whack them in for your fence. I don't care what things look like as long as they sort of work

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

It's post an chickenwire ATM that side,I had a walk round before I left ,down by the first gate is plot easy access ,decent fences ,tidy neighbours ,small poly tunnel,it's been planted this year with toms and runners but looks neglected might go up library to the one stop shop an ask if it's coming up for rent as could swap plots.

• Like 1

Been feeding with comfrey mix and it really gets things going. Reckon this time of the year a little help doesn't go amiss. I am hoping to put some pics up of the Aubergine and chillies but won't risk it yet as all could come tumbling down. Just ordered all next years seed (and I mean all except seed potatoes) for the princely sum of £26.00 delivered to my door.Seeds Direct. Good people to deal with. Jok.

Two and a bit weeks old now, there's a blemish on the side so seeing how the other one on the vine does, as there's no marks on that one , but it's still small

Plenty of time yet, keep feeding it.

I'm a bit worried about the scar on the left hand side of it , the other on the vine is perfect st the mo , hard as it is im wondering weather to cut the scar one off the vine I'm worried about it getting moldy later on in the season , first for me these giant pumpkins ,

New development this week as we are getting wood chippings delivered. I was well chuffed and can now mulch my paths :)

35992160460_e3af70e613_b.jpg

35580654393_4ca3e3e3a1_b.jpg

the toms have got blossom end rot due to not be happy with the watering situation I assume.

36220736232_aa7d6760af_b.jpg

35553229064_96d5d794b7_b.jpg

pointless letting them go ripe so I will either compost the lot or pick them green and use them for some thing

36388627045_55cdbf0a93_b.jpg

every thing else ok

36388627425_907ae45224_b.jpg

35580637723_21c4c6ac06_b.jpg

35553259024_3abb0fd172_b.jpg

purple sprouting should be good come spring

36344057906_f9f3a52ca9_b.jpg

36220746332_15deb708f7_b.jpg

• Like 3