So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

We have just been told we have been accepted for an allotment!!! In a cracking spot next to a good pub as well.

Going to put a green house in my garden at home and use it and my raised beds just for salads, raddish and toms... anything quick harvesting. And grow all my other stuff up the allotment.

• Like 5

At the risk of repeating myself, there are a number of things you can sow at the moment . Winter cauliflower, peas, but you have to be quick, ,all your salads and of course your Christmas potatoes. Charlotte is a good bet grown in them bags. To be honest I don't stop and strangely the garden keeps producing from now till March. I am amazed at the quality of my brassicas. For some reason I've selected the correct ground for them and they have thrived. As already mentioned, we have to contend with the cabbage white butterfly but nets are in place. Now I know you are all going to have a bit of a giggle at my expense but listen to this. HOT HOT HOT? Rubber snakes laid out among your brassicas. The pigeons don't like it. Haha. Think I'm mad?? Give it a go guys. Jok.

• Like 1

At the risk of repeating myself, there are a number of things you can sow at the moment . Winter cauliflower, peas, but you have to be quick, ,all your salads and of course your Christmas potatoes. Charlotte is a good bet grown in them bags. To be honest I don't stop and strangely the garden keeps producing from now till March. I am amazed at the quality of my brassicas. For some reason I've selected the correct ground for them and they have thrived. As already mentioned, we have to contend with the cabbage white butterfly but nets are in place. Now I know you are all going to have a bit of a giggle at my expense but listen to this. HOT HOT HOT? Rubber snakes laid out among your brassicas. The pigeons don't like it. Haha. Think I'm mad?? Give it a go guys. Jok.

I can see the logic there jok

• Like 1

Picked up more seed at the weekend : / lol , black kale carrots, swede, and autumn broad beans , ton of salad seed , winter cabbages spring greens , busy week , ground to clear , and the whole time she's in my feckin ear , ????

Picked up more seed at the weekend : / lol , black kale carrots, swede, and autumn broad beans , ton of salad seed , winter cabbages spring greens , busy week , ground to clear , and the whole time she's in my feckin ear ,

Yea good to keep sowing then it is nice to see plenty of green over the winter

Nice little tip the other day. Was getting a lot of my young greens smashed by the pigeons which as you all know is a bit disheartening. Now there are rubber snakes in each bed which them pesky cushies do not like. I'm going to set my trail cam up and see what else is at me. Lol. Jok.

Picked a few more bits this morning , more stick beans , first toms , pulled a leek to see how there doing looks ok . The sweet corn is growing like a row of triffids but the carrots are shite ..can't grow a carrot definitely not planting any next year they look like a small hand of bananas ?And definitely defiantly not planting as many beetroots I'm already running out of people to give them to ..every thing else is looking good ..post-81636-0-55345600-1499863294_thumb.jpgpost-81636-0-44316800-1499863336_thumb.jpgpost-81636-0-32559600-1499863361_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Sussex. I'm going to put up a pic tomorrow to show you why you will be growing carrots next year. I was in the same boat till someone put me wise. I think you'll like the idea and the results. Jok.

• Like 1

I'll do it now. Didn't realise I'd already done it. If you look past the greenhouse you'll my carrot box and in the front a folded down skillet which stack upon each other. Fill with your own brand of compost mix and away you go. Simples. Jok.

post-98608-0-26020100-1499876920_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2